USAA Group - Auto

USAA -- Be careful when deal with their Life Insurance Company!

Jan 10, 2009
Not yet rated

Pros:Filed claims for personal property before and was extremely satisfied.

Cons:Can't trust their quote. War zone coverage rate applys long before soldier's deployment.

The Bottom Line: It's very hard to find the very same agent to serve you. Be prepare to deal with some not so professional ones.

My husband is currently active duty. We began his term life insurance application process in March 2008 and received a quote of $74 through ALL the agents we've dealt with, even the result from online application gave us the same figure. In July, my husband had done a phone interview; he then was never contacted for physical exam. When we called USAA asking application status, the agents told us they couldn't locate the file. I had to call EMSI and found out that my husband's medical record was actually done reviewing and was forwarded to USAA in early May 2008.

Then we called USAA Life Insurance Company to express our unpleasant experience. One agent provided assistance so my husband didn't have to repeat medical record review process. However, he did need to go online to fill in the application form again and had his physical exam done. We followed the agent's instructions, still received a quote of about $74.

Finally, the process went through smoothly until we received a phone call asking for direct deposit authorization of not at all "preferred rate" of $134 per month. This higher rate was for the possibility that my husband would be deployed 5 to 6 months later. That means we had to pay war zone coverage during the 5 to 6 months period when in fact he was in the States, plus however long his duty will be in the frontline. We were told if we want to pay the regular rate, we need to prove that he will not be deployed to war zone. The funny thing is, military order only tells a soldier of his next duty station, not the next place he won't be going.

The result: USAA only keeps the application for certain period. We waited until the last day of its expiration date, which was in October, and paid the "extra" price for October, November, and December when my husband was still home. Not so happy about this experience so I decided to post my unsatisfactory here.

Usaa Usaa Water Bottle Straw Sip Cup Promotional Item W/ Bracelet Military

Usaa Usaa Water Bottle Straw Sip Cup Promotional Item W/ Bracelet Military

ilovemycows Store USAA promotional straw water container/cup and rubber bracelet. The cup has a flip top with a straw inside. Great colors in the brac...

usaa sigg bottle.jpg Oval Ornament

usaa sigg bottle.jpg Oval Ornament

Find the perfect image or customize with your own, 'tis the season to decorate your home with a custom aluminum ornament.2.375 x 3 ovalMade out of alu...
Cafepress.com