USAA Group - Auto

Troubling trend

Jun 3, 2012

Pros:Initially, had lower rates.

Discounts available for multiple polices.

Website easy to navigate.

Cons:Premiums on a steady uphill climb.

Discount for using USAA credit union no longer applicable.

The Bottom Line: In the past, I would have recommended without hesitation, but with ever-rising premiums, shop around.

We have had USAA for a few years now.  I was very happy with our coverage and premiums, but for the past 18 months, our premiums have risen with every policy renewal.  It was just a few bucks with the first two increases, but with our latest bill, our premiums have risen almost $20 per month.  With my husband on SSDI, every penny counts and this jump is unacceptable.

When I called to find out why, the reason given was that rates for our state in general have risen.  I don't like the fact that I am being penalized for the actions of others, as we do not have any tickets or any claims on our records going back to the time we started driving over 4 decades ago.  I understand this is the industry norm, but that doesn't mean I have to sit back and take it.

After posting this, I'm going to get on the phone and get quotes from other companies.  If I find comparable coverage at a cheaper rate, I'm dropping USAA like a hot potato.  And if the new company starts doing the same thing, I'll rinse and repeat as often as necessary to keep our rates affordable.

I know insurance is a necessary evil, but raising rates across the board needs to stop.  Raise rates on those who have excessive claims or are in the habit of getting tickets for whatever, but don't raise rates on your best and safest customers.

Danita Delimont - Birds - Annas Hummingbird, Santa Cruz. California, USAa - US05 TNO0078 - Tom Norring - Iron on Heat Transfers
The Flying Greek: An Immigrant Fighter Ace's Wwii Odyssey With The Raf, Usaa

The Flying Greek: An Immigrant Fighter Ace's Wwii Odyssey With The Raf, Usaa

Store Search search Title, ISBN and Author The Flying Greek: An Immigrant Fighter Ace's WWII Odyssey with the RAF, USAAF, and French Resistance by Ste...

Danita Delimont - Arizona - Cathedral Rocks, Oak Creek, Sedona, Arizona, USAA - US03 CHA0098 - Chuck Haney - Iron on Heat Transfers
- Danita Delimont - Birds - Annas Hummingbird, Santa Cruz. California, USAa - US05 TNO0078 - Tom Norring - Greeting Cards

- Danita Delimont - Arizona - Cathedral Rocks, Oak Creek, Sedona, Arizona, USAA - US03 CHA0098 - Chuck Haney - Greeting Cards

National Geographic Green Mountain National Forest South: White Rocks Nrs--Manchester, Vermont USA¬ ¬ [MAP-TRAILS ILLUS #

Green Mountain National Forest South Trails Illustrated Topographic Map Is The Most Comprehensive Available For Outdoor Enthusiasts Of All Types. Desi...