Island Federal Credit Union

Island Federal Credit Union (IFCU)

Apr 10, 2000

Pros:Great Rates, personal service, "home-town bank" experience

Cons:No Check Card offered, only 3 credit union owned ATMs (but use of all other ATMs costs $0.75 per transaction)

I have been an IFCU member since birth, as far as I know, and continue to use this credit union event after moving away from Long Island.

My dad, a long time LILCO/KeySpan employee, opened an account for me when I was very young. He was able to deposit a designated amount directly from his monthly paycheck into my savings account. The deposits, made in lieu of an allowance, allowed my savings account to grow slowly but surely. This is one of the many benefits of IFCU membership.

I went away to college, lived in IA, MT, AK, and CA, and always kept my IFCU account. Why? Because you can't get better rates! I've had personal loans, car loans, checking, savings and vacation accounts and they always beat any bank when it comes to dividends and transaction fees.
I recently opened a Money Market account (even though I'm living 3000 miles away) and it has a dividend rate of almost 6%. Great for emergency cash or general liquidity.

Here's a bullet list of benefits:
1. I traveled in Europe for 3 months and ONLY used my IFCU CU Anytime ATM card for local currency (NO Travelers Checks!). The charge per transaction was only $0.75!!!
2. My car loan APR is 6.9%
3. The minimum balance in your savings account is only $25!
4. Real people answer the phone and resolve any problems promptly.
5. Money Market rates are the BEST.
6. The OnLine account service is always up to date and very detailed. I have a Wells Fargo account that takes 3-4 days to update. IFCU is always up to date.

I recommend this service to ANYONE who is eligible to become a member. You can call them to find out more info: 631 851 1111.

The only draw back to IFCU is they don't have a Check Card. They have determined that since the Check Card does not required a PIN number for use that it would be a security risk for their members. I happen to disagree with them, so I got a Check Card elsewhere.

Faith in Service: Developing Credit Unions in Ecuador
The Creature From Jekyll Island: A Second Look At The Federal Reserve (5th Ed)

The Creature From Jekyll Island: A Second Look At The Federal Reserve (5th Ed)

Welcome to InfowarsShop, the official eBay outlet for Alex Jones' Infowars store. Get the best prices and support Alex Jones by buying directly from I...

Solomon Islands: Third Review Under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and... eBook

Buy Solomon Islands: Third Review Under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Request for Modification of Performance Criteria-Staff by Dept, ...
Kobo eBooks

Credit Union World - Wendell V. Fountain - 9781425970062 - 1425970060

Credit Union World - Wendell V. Fountain - 9781425970062 - 1425970060

9781425970062 - 1425970060 - Wendell V. Fountain - Content Distributors, Inc. - 08 Edition
Textbooks.com

SmileMakers Trip To Credit Union Coloring Books; 25 PCS
Quill.com

The Origins, History, and Future of the Federal Reserve: A Return to Jekyll Island (Studies in Macroeconomic History)

The Origins, History, and Future of the Federal Reserve: A Return to Jekyll Island (Studies in Macroeconomic Histor...

This book contains essays presented at a conference held in November 2010 to mark the centenary of the famous 1910 Jekyll Island meeting of leading Am...
Solomon Islands: First Review Under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement-Sta... eBook

Buy Solomon Islands: First Review Under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement-Staff Report; Press Release on the Executive Board Discuss by Dept, ...
Kobo eBooks

Rhode Island/federal Combination Labor Law Posters Includes The Nlra Poster

Rhode Island/federal Combination Labor Law Posters Includes The Nlra Poster

Rhode Island/Federal Combination Labor Law Poster for Most Up-To -Date INCLUDES THE NEW NLRA POSTER Laminated and High Quality Labor Law Posters FREE ...

S. Hrg. 112-176: Credit Unions, Member Business Lending by U. S. Government Printing Office (Gpo) [Paperback]