Mountain America Credit Union

Sep 28, 2006

• Customer Service:
  • Web Site Experience:
  • Web Site Load Time:

Pros:Great Customer Service, Online banking and billpay. Free Checking!

Cons:limited branches through certain parts of Utah

The Bottom Line: Mountain America Credit Union is a great institution to bank with because they focus on making you happy rather than making a profit.

My Story
I have now been banking with Mountain America Credit Union for five and a half years. During this time I have had nothing but great experiences with them.

I was previously a member of another local credit union, but when my family moved from Taylorsville Utah to Springville Utah. There was no branch of my previous Credit Union close to my new home. My parents had been banking with Mountain America Credit Union for years, so I decided that is where I would open my new accounts. An additional advantage is that there are three branches close to my house in Springville.

Getting Started
I chose to open a savings account and a free checking account. Opening up my new accounts was very easy. My Father and I went into one of the local branches, and I provided them with my information and identification. Then my Father and I each signed some papers and my accounts were set up. I received my checks and debit card just over a week later and I was good to go.

The interest rate for my savings account is 1.24%. While I receive no interest on my checking account. I also have no fees on either of my accounts, when they say free they mean free.

Customer Service
Mountain America Credit Union provides great customer service. I have never had any problems with their service. Tellers are always quick and friendly when I go in to deposit checks. I have never had to wait in long lines like I have had to at my previous Credit Union.

ATMs
One thing that I love about Mountain America is being able to use my debit card to withdraw money from any Credit Union ATM for no charge. So almost no matter where I am in Utah or even in the US I can find an ATM to get cash.

For my church I served as missionary in the Philippines for two years. While I was over there, I was able to use my Visa debit card to withdraw money from my account here in the states. Even though there was a small ATM charge, it was a lot safer than receiving money in the mail, and also quicker then other methods.

Online Banking
Mountain America Credit Union has awesome online banking. I am a huge fan. I love that I can check my accounts 24/7. I can transfer money from Savings to my checking or vice versa.

My father and I also have it set up where I can transfer money to his account or he can transfer money to my account. This is especially helpful if I owe him money or if I need to borrow money from him.

Online bill pay is also available as a free service. Although I have not used it, I know that my Father has and that it has made paying bills easy and hassle free.

Right now I am currently attending Snow College in Ephraim Utah. If you have been to Ephraim you know that there is very little here. I love the fact that even though the closest Mountain America Credit Union branch to me is a hour away in Spanish Fork Utah. I can still use the online banking to check my account balance, and adjust funds if I need to.

Other Services
Mountain America provides loan services, including auto, mortgage, and home equity loans. Mountain America also provides a variety of other services, such as direct deposit, credit cards, investment services, and insurance services.

Mountain America Credit Union locations are mostly scattered throughout the Wasatch Front, but also has locations covering all of Utah.

If you want to learn more. Check them out at mtnamerica.org

The Union Pacific: America's Largest Railroad eBook

The Union Pacific: America's Largest Railroad eBook

Buy The Union Pacific: America's Largest Railroad by Eugene Weiser and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection of Ebooks ...

European Union Foreign Policy and Central America by Hazel Smith

European Union Foreign Policy and Central America by Hazel Smith

Free Delivery Worldwide : European Union Foreign Policy and Central America : Hardback : Palgrave MacMillan : 9780333614648 : 033361464X : 17 Jul 1995...
BookDepository.com

Government Unions and the Bankrupting of America eBook

Government Unions and the Bankrupting of America eBook

Buy Government Unions and the Bankrupting of America by Daniel DiSalvo and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection of Ebo...

Credit Union World - Wendell V. Fountain - 9781425970062 - 1425970060

Credit Union World - Wendell V. Fountain - 9781425970062 - 1425970060

9781425970062 - 1425970060 - Wendell V. Fountain - Content Distributors, Inc. - 08 Edition
Textbooks.com

Utility Workers Union Of America (afl-cio) Logo Golf Ball

Utility Workers Union Of America (afl-cio) Logo Golf Ball

FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING WHEN YOU SPEND $ 25.00 OR MORE (GOLF BALLS ONLY + BUYER MUST REQUEST REVISED INVOICE BEFORE PAYING NO EXCEPTIONS) Combined ship...

Our Money, Our Movement: Building a Poor People s Credit Union
Union Pacific : The Reconfiguration: America's Greatest Railroad from 1969 to th... eBook

Buy Union Pacific : The Reconfiguration: America's Greatest Railroad from 1969 to the Present by Maury Klein and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. ...
Kobo eBooks

Regional Economic Development in the European Union and North America by Morris L. Sweet

Free Delivery Worldwide : Regional Economic Development in the European Union and North America : Hardback : ABC-CLIO : 9780275956172 : 0275956172 : 3...
BookDepository.com