-26%
Fisher-Price Disney's Tea Party with Daisy Bowtique - X5797 Reviews

Fisher-Price Disney's Tea Party with Daisy Bowtique - X5797

+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com

"Welcome to my new Bowtique. Where each and every bow's unique."

Jul 30, 2013

Pros:Toddlers will love it; mixes and matches with other Bowtique sets; includes Daisy and Minnie.

Cons:Can't purchase accessories separately; could use more outfits.

The Bottom Line: Playing with this toy makes me crave a cup of tea.

The Tea Party With Daisy Bowtique is part of a line of Minnie’s Bowtique toys that allow toddlers and preschoolers to dress Minnie Mouse for various adventures. These sets feature several different themes including birthday, Christmas and Motor Scooter. Most sets come with a posable, dressable Minnie, although Daisy also has her own set. This particular tea party Bowtique comes with both Minnie and Daisy, making it a great starter toy for those looking to explore this line.

The Basics
This set comes with Minnie and Daisy figurines, three-piece outfits (shoes, dress, bow) for each, a blue table, a tea tray and a plump teapot adorned with a bow. Daisy’s dress is yellow and purple, while Minnie’s is pink and white. The figurines are large and chunky enough to fill little hands and warrant a 2 and up age rating, instead of a 3 and up rating like many similar toys. One of Minnie’s hands is shaped so she can easily hold the teapot (although Daisy can’t, which is kind of a bummer).

This set currently retails for nearly $20.00 on Amazon.com or $17.00 on the Fisher-Price website, where you have to pay shipping. I’d try to find it in store instead.

My Thoughts
My daughter’s Minnie’s Bowtique sets have received tons of playtime since she received them this past winter. The pieces are sturdy but small enough that storage doesn’t take a lot of space, even for multiple sets. I love the mix-and-match aspect of the clothing. The dresses, shoes, and bows from various Bowtique sets can be easily interchanged. Most pieces attach relatively easily to the figurines although little ones close to the two-year age recommendation may need a little help with the dresses and shoes.

This tea party Bowtique is great because, as noted above, it comes with both Minnie and Daisy and the pony-tailed Daisy figurine is probably even cuter than the Minnie one. It also gives them something to do – have a tea party or other meal – whereas the other sets mostly consist of just clothing and small props.

Now, it’s time for a couple of nit picks. As for the line in general, I think Fisher-Price could easily have saved parents money and avoided waste by selling some clothing/accessory sets without a Minnie doll. I’d much prefer to have just one Minnie, one Daisy, and lots of accessories than have several extraneous Minnies taking up space in the toy box. This tea party Bowtique would also benefit from having a change of outfit or two for each character. As a stand alone toy, it doesn’t really allow for much mixing and matching.

Overall . . .
This Tea Party with Daisy Bowtique is a cute toy that doesn’t take up a lot of space. It would make a great second birthday gift for a fan of Minnie or the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse series/Minnie’s Bowtique cartoon shorts that run on Disney Junior.

Amount Paid (US$): gift
Type of Toy: Playscene
Age Range of Child: 12 to 36 Months

Minnie Mouse is so excited to introduce you to her best friend, Daisy Duck, that she's throwing her a tea party! Dress Minnie Mouse and Daisy in styli...