Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Cradle (V1179) Reviews

Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Cradle (V1179)

Free Shipping Target
Free Shipping Hayneedle
Free Shipping Hayneedle

Swing that Plugs In

Nov 21, 2012

Pros:Plugs in, cradles nicely

Cons:Wish the music stayed on longer

The Bottom Line:

Overall, the Fisher Price Cradle ‘N Swing is a must have in our household.

I’ll never forget the moment of panic when our hand-me-down swing (the older version of the Fisher Price Fold ‘n Stow Swing) stopped working. It was midnight on a Saturday. My three-month-old, who would only sleep through the “witching hour” in that darn thing woke with a start. I bolted up from the couch, grabbed a screw driver and some fresh batteries, and went to work. I flipped the on switch and…silence.
The mechanism had died. After six years and four kids (my nieces included), the swing had just had enough.
I don’t remember how we got through the rest of the night, but I do remember this: the next day, we bought the Fisher Price Cradle ‘N Swing. This has been a lifesaver; it got us through the first six months with our first son, and our new three-month-old refuses to sleep in anything else.

The Fisher Price Cradle and Swing is much more deluxe than its older counterpart. It swings in three directions: front to back facing two ways and side to side. I’ve never been so thankful for the side-to-side feature until now: my three-month-old only likes that motion. Our older son didn’t care which direction he was swinging, as long as he was on the move.
The swing has a mirrored mobile, which both of my vain sons have loved. It also plays music or nature sounds. The best feature?
The plug.

That’s right: it plugs into an electrical outlet, which has saved tons of money on batteries and lots of time and hassle replacing them. (No more running to the store at 10 p.m. in a panic). This has been a lifesaver: my three-month-old sleeps in the swing most of the night.
Music to Our Ears
The only downside I’ve found is that I would like the music to play a bit longer. My son needs the clangy music to get to sleep, and sometimes he’ll be just about to drift off to sleep when the music stops—only for me to see those big blue eyes pop open again. Then I have to run and frantically turn the music back on. Usually it only takes two music cycles for him to fall asleep, though.

Our old swing wasn’t ideal for sleeping; it didn’t recline much, and I had to make a neck roll out of a receiving blanket in order to support my son’s head properly. The Fisher Price Cradle ‘N Swing reclines nicely and has adequate head support.
See more of my baby item reviews and mom tips on my blog: http://myessentialbabyitems.com/

Find baby swings at Target.com! The fisher-price luv u zoo cradle swing offers rhythmic motions that lull your little one to sleep. It has a 5-point h...

Shop for Baby Swings from Hayneedle.com! Whether you've got a rocker or a swinger the Fisher-Price Cradle-n-Swing - Luv U Zoo will have your baby sati...
Hayneedle
Hayneedle
Fisher-Price FIS1381 Features: -Two swinging motions: Side-to-side and Head-to-toe.-Two music modes with six soothing and six entertaining melodies pl...
Wayfair