Fitness Quest Perfect Situp Reviews

Fitness Quest Perfect Situp

How Perfect is the Perfect Sit Up by Perfect Fitness?

Dec 2, 2010 (Updated Dec 6, 2010)

Pros:Gives good form, can hang up

Cons:Made of plastic and foam, not perfect, can't do oblique work, expensive

The Bottom Line: This is going back and I am not recommending it. I think if I kept it the less than Perfect Sit Up would end up in a landfill!

I bought Perfect Sit Up for $97.00. It was a lot of money and at the time I wasn’t sure I would keep it. It is made by Perfect Fitness.

What I got:

I got the Perfect Sit Up, which I will explain thoroughly when I explain how to use it.

I got a poster that shows me a step by step workout.

I got a meal plan.

I got a hanger for storage.

I got plastic foot straps.

I got a limited 12-month warranty.

What makes up the Perfect Sit Up is the neck support, range of motion sensor, and leg and back blades.

I think what prompted the purchase that day was my sore neck! I fell asleep while sitting up 1/2 way on the couch and paid for it! The “ergonomic neck support” is said to help reduce strain.

Putting it together:

This is not a product I would recommend if you have a puppy or a teething baby! The gizmo will be chewed on and bitten through in about 10 minutes.

The Perfect Sit Up weighs 8 pounds and measures 46 ½ inches long to 59 inches long by 15 ¼ inches wide by 8 ½ inches high. The height is that of the neck part. The main part of the Perfect Sit Upis low to the ground.

The maximum user weight is 300 pounds. That seems high to me. All this is really is a bunch of pieces of plastic. The foam sits on a piece of plastic.

I cannot say that "assembly is required” but I did have to connect the parts to the whole – the whole being a very think ¾ inch foam pad. It comes with plugs that connect one piece to the other. I never put my Perfect Sit Up away because I don’t have small kids or a chewing puppy. I was constantly fixing the plugs in spite of not hanging it up, which seem to not want to stay put.

I do like the fact the leg blades lock into one of three “locks” (plastic). This means that it truly is adjustable. The foot strap is also adjustable having two holes (plastic).

Let’s use the Perfect Sit Up:

The bottom line is the Perfect Sit Up puts me in great position for a crunch. I do have to get on the floor so for those who can’t then this is out of the question. I like the neck support which when I had a hurting neck was a plus. When my neck stopped hurting though I didn’t need it and it was just another piece of plastic.

Sitting on the foam part of Perfect Sit Up I put my feet in the straps and my head on the neck support. Two plastic pieces go into the head support which act as handles. I still have to be careful not to pull on my neck and to look up with my elbows out. Although the Perfect Sit Up puts me in proper form, it isn't perfect by any means.

As I said above there is a range of motion sensor. That is pretty cool. I slip my feet into the foot straps, which sit at the base of two blades. I then do a crunch and when I hit full range of motion I hear a click but if you are new to crunches it might take awhile to hear that click and that can be frustrating. In fact attempting to hear that click could have put me out of proper form in spite of the Perfect Sit Up doing its best to keep me in perfect form.

A huge negative in a review of many other negatives is that I cannot work my obliques (sides of my core) because my feet are attached to the straps. That is the way this is meant to be used so taking my feet out of the straps to put my legs to the sides defeats what this gadget is supposed to be giving me.

The meal plan has 1,200 calories so if you stuck to that alone for a month you would probably start seeing definition on your abdominal area even if you never did a crunch. Adding crunches is a bonus but only after eating healthfully.

Jo’s Final Thoughts:

This is going back. I had close to 90-days to test it and found it priced way to high, frustrating, and not the way I want to spend almost $100. I have to give this a below average rating. It really isn't a product I would want you to buy.

All my fitness equipment reviews can be found here.

Perfect Situp Device Home Gym Workout Exercise & Fitness Equipment Quest Sports

Perfect Situp Device Home Gym Workout Exercise & Fitness Equipment Quest Sports

The Perfect Situp reinvents the situp by combining the upper ab crunch with the lower ab leg lift to get you better, faster results. Designed to combi...

Perfect SitUp Perfect Fitness

Perfect SitUp Perfect Fitness

The Perfect SitUp Perfect Fitness puts your body in the perfect position and combines an upper body crunch with a lower abdominal leg lift. It is ergo...

Perfect Situp Total Abdominal Workout As Seen On Tv

Perfect Situp Total Abdominal Workout As Seen On Tv

NEW Perfect Situp Total Abdominal Workout As Seen On Tv $63.07 $84.95 The Perfect Situp reinvents the situp by combining the upper ab crunch with the ...

Perfect SitUp

Perfect SitUp

Unlike traditional situps and crunches, the Perfect Situp gets you in the perfect position to perform an abdominal curl while leg & back blades intens...
Perfect Self Situp Abdominal Waist Ab Exercise Fitness Workout Korea,

Perfect Self Situp Abdominal Waist Ab Exercise Fitness Workout Korea,

Self-sit-up exercise equipment (Korea Invention Patent) The home exercise equipment sit-raised keys.Repeat two times, three times a day while exercisi...