Flip Video UltraHD U260B 4 GB Camcorder - Black (Latest Model) Reviews

Flip Video UltraHD U260B 4 GB Camcorder - Black (Latest Model)

I love my Flip!

Feb 4, 2012

• Battery Life:
  • Movie Quality:

Pros:Fun, portable, easy-to-use, cheap

Cons:Battery doesn't last long

The Bottom Line: This is not a professional camcorder. But if you are looking for something fun, portable, easy-to-use, and cheap, this would be the perfect device for you.

I have owned my Flip Video U260 High Definition AVC Camcorder for almost six months now. After several years of using a digital camera’s ‘video recorder’ setting, I decided to buy something of higher definition and quality. After a month or so of research, I decided that the Flip Video Camcorder was the best choice that I could afford. I browsed the internet looking for a place to buy a Flip, when one day I was at Wal-Mart and found that they were having a closeout sale of half-off most electronic items. So without another thought I purchased the Flip and took it home.Mainly, I use the Flip for recording commercials for movies that don’t exist, and I post them on Youtube. For simple stuff such as this, the Flip works wonderfully. Anything that is semi-casual, but requires high quality video is what the Flip is made for. I have used the Flip many times, for several different projects in school, and when just hanging out with friends.
In the last several months, I have been on quite a few trips. On several of those trips, I packed my Flip Video Camcorder to take with me. I would record videos of my travels, and then share them with family and friends when I would get home.
 The Flip is very lightweight and portable. When bringing it with you, you can almost forget it is there. It can fit into every suitcase and almost every purse. It weighs so little that one can hold it up with their four fingertips.
Even though the flip is lightweight and small, that does not cut back on its ability as a camcorder. The Flip is a wonderful high-definition recorder. It will even catch the pores on your nose in a close-up shot. It, of course is not of professional quality, but for the price, it is wonderful.
The Flip is extremely easy to use. There is a button for record, play and delete. One the side is the power button which is close to a lanyard hookup. There is also a button on the back that allows one to browse through already recorded videos, and one for volume. The instructions included with the Flip are very helpful, and easy to understand.
Along with easy use, the Flip has great, easy access to the computer. The Flip has a USB hook-up device built right into it. Also, it has a slot for one to hook up an HDMI adaptor. As soon as the Flip is plugged into the computer, the computer will instantly recognize it and allow an upload.
The only problem that I have seemed to have with my Flip Video Camcorder is that the battery does not last very long. I often have to replace the batteries twice while I am in the process of making a movie (in which there is about one hour of material).
The bottom line is, if you are looking for a professional camcorder, this is not it. But if you are looking for something fun, portable, easy-to-use, and cheap, this would be the perfect device for you. I love mine.

Recommended for: Home and Families - Keep Memories of Family Vacations

Flip UltraHD Video Camera - Black, 8 GB, 2 Hours (3rd Generation)
Flip UltraHD Video Camera - Black, 8 GB, 2 Hours (2nd Generation)

Flip UltraHD Video Camera - Black, 8 GB, 2 Hours (2nd Generation)

Easy-to-use, pocket-sized HD camcorder featuring one-touch recording and digital zoom Simple user interface lets you start capturing video just second...
Flip Ultra Video Camera - White, 4 GB, 2 Hours (2nd Generation)

Flip Ultra Video Camera - White, 4 GB, 2 Hours (2nd Generation)

Easy-to-use, pocket-sized camcorder featuring one-touch recording and digital zoom Captures 120 minutes of full VGA-quality video on 4 GB of built-in ...