-43%
Four Paws Ear Powder For dog and Cats (24 gram bottle) (Four Paws) Reviews

Four Paws Ear Powder For dog and Cats (24 gram bottle) (Four Paws)

+$6.99 shipping PetMountain.com
+$5.99 shipping PetSolutions
+$4.99 shipping Hayneedle

Follow up that ear wash with ear powder...

May 8, 2012 (Updated May 8, 2012)

Pros:Useful in drying out weeping ears.  Can be used on dogs or cats.

Cons:Is not useful if the pet has ear mites.  Should be used with ear wash.

The Bottom Line: Four Paws Ear Powder is useful after using ear wash.

As I mentioned in my review of Four Paws Ear Wash, my beagle/bassett hound mix MacGregor has a tendency to get ear infections because he has long, floppy ears.  This past weekend, poor MacGregor was hit with a humdinger of an infection, which led to lots of scratching, ear flapping, inflammation, and bleeding.  Since it was a Sunday, my husband Bill and I went to a pet store to pick up some over-the-counter remedies to tide us over until we could take MacGregor to the vet.  We bought some Four Paws Ear Wash and some Four Paws Ear Powder.

Directions

Four Paws Medicated Ear Powder can be used on dogs and cats.  It's intended to be used to keep ears dry, relieve itching, and reduce odors.  It is not effective against itching caused by parasites.

Before applying, make sure to clean ears thoroughly.  Four Paws Ear Wash works well for this purpose.  Gently puff Four Paws Ear Powder into the ears to keep them dry and odor free.

Ingredients

According to the label: Boric acid as anti-fungal-anti-bacterial agent in an inert Amorphous Drying Base.

Our experiences

I've been using this ear powder to help dry out MacGregor's weeping ears.  I like the fact that this powder comes in a convenient plastic bottle with a capless squirt tip.  A couple of quck puffs in MacGregor's ears leave a light layer of white powder.  I have noticed that using this product in conjunction with ear wash has helped soothe and dry MacGregor's ears.

Overall

While I don't know that this powder is more useful than the ear wash is, I do think it's a good product.  I will keep using it until MacGregor's ears are nice and clean again.

For more information: www.fourpaws.com

Four Paws Four Paws Ear Powder Medicated: 24 Grams #1735 Four Paws Medicated Ear Powder keeps your pet's ears dry while reducing ear odor. Aids in the...
PetMountain.com

Medicated powder to aid in keeping ears dry and reducing ear odor. Aids in the relief of itching not caused by parasites. Easy to use. 24 gram powder.
PetSolutions
Shop for Ear Care Products from Hayneedle.com! About Four PawsFour Paws was founded in 1970 with a goal to provide pet owners with high quality produc...
Hayneedle