Mad Catz GameShark 2 for PlayStation 2

Why buy the Sony?

Dec 6, 2001

Pros:Cheaper (@$30), officially licensed product

Cons:Ugly

The Bottom Line: Cheaper than the OEM Sony and officially licensed. No reason not to get it. No extra CD to load first like other aftermarket cards.

Having just blown $240 for the console and another $50 for a game, I was looking to save some bucks on the accessories. Looking at the memory cards, I noticed several models. However, I knew that the original Playstation had some aftermarket memory cards that would mysteriously lose saved games so I was a bit apprehensive.

The reliable OEM Sony looked cool in its matching black case. But, it was a whopping $35! The aftermarket ones were a few bucks cheaper so I took a look at those. They all looked pretty much the same except for the Mad Catz. My eye immediately fell to the large hologram on the package. It was an officially licensed product! I figured since it was originally licensed, it must be as good as the OEM one. So, I bought it.

After playing w/ it for a bit, it seemed fine. It did what it was supposed to do: save my games. My Playstation recognized it immediately and I haven't had any problems so far. Looks like that $5 I saved is ok so far.

The only criticism I have of it is it's sorta ugly. It's teal blue so it doesn't match the Playstation 2 like the OEM one does. Plus, there's this weird, small little black plastic strip on one end that looks very odd there. I haven't figured out its purpose but it doesn't really get in the way. Still, it makes the card's shape a tiny bit different from all the others. But, I doubt many people will care and would rather save the $5.

The card came with a opaque plastic case and two labels. Unlike some other aftermarket cards, you don't need to insert a cd in first to use it. WORD OF CAUTION: many aftermarket memory cards (particularly the 16MB ones) require you to insert a cd so the PS2 will recognize the card before you put a game disc in. This is a big inconvenience that the Mad Catz and OEM Sony isn't subject too.

Mad Catz Ghost Recon Future Soldier Wireless Gamepad (playstation 3)

Mad Catz Ghost Recon Future Soldier Wireless Gamepad (playstation 3)

Brand new Ghost Recon edition wireless PS3 controller. From Mad Catz. Paypal only. Will only ship within the US.

Sony Playstation 3 Ps3 Mad Catz Rock Band 3 Keyboard Clavier Piano In Box

Sony Playstation 3 Ps3 Mad Catz Rock Band 3 Keyboard Clavier Piano In Box

SONY PS3 ROCKBAND 3 KEYBOARD NEW IN BOX. SHIPPING IS USPS OR FEDEX WITH TRACKING NUMBER. ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE MESSAGE ME.

Mad Catz Z-chuk Wireless Nunchuk Controller For Nintendo Wii (pink)

- Brand NEW items - FREE standard shipping - Easy returns NEW Mad Catz Z-Chuk Wireless Nunchuk Controller for Nintendo Wii (Pink) Our price $41.59 $55...

Sony Playstation 3 Ps3 Mad Catz Rock Band 3 Keyboard Clavier Piano With Stand

Sony Playstation 3 Ps3 Mad Catz Rock Band 3 Keyboard Clavier Piano With Stand

SONY PS3 ROCKBAND 3 KEYBOARD AND STAND NEW IN BOX. SHIPPING IS USPS OR FEDEX WITH TRACKING NUMBER. ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE MESSAGE ME.

Mad Catz Rock Band 3 Wii-u Wireless Fender Mustang Pro Guitar Su0-rb3 96563

Mad Catz Rock Band 3 Wii-u Wireless Fender Mustang Pro Guitar Su0-rb3 96563

[RB81-5] Here we have a Mad Catz Rock Band 3 Wii Wireless Fender Mustang Pro Guitar Controller. Works for Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Wii-U Controller i...

Mad Catz Z-chuk Wireless Nunchuk Controller For Nintendo Wii (pink)

1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE NEW Mad Catz Z-Chuk Wireless Nunchuk Controller for Nint...