Tony Hawk's Pro Skater  (Sega Dreamcast, 2000) Reviews

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (Sega Dreamcast, 2000)

TOTALLY AWESOME DUDE

Apr 3, 2001

Pros:graphics, sound & kewl moves

Cons:mild language

The Bottom Line: I had a blast playing Tony Hawk. It was so easy to get into that I was almost fooled into thinking the real-life sport could be that easy. AS IF

The preface is simple:
You take the role of one of six/eight professional skaters (including the living-legend, Tony Hawk) through a career mode in the hopes of being declared the best skater in the world. Each comes with his or her own strengths and weaknesses, as well as their own particular skating style.
And as far as the rules go, they are quite equally simple: Perform a trick almost anywhere in the courses available -- while not falling down in the process -- and you'll be rewarded with points. Naturally you earn more points depending on how many tricks you pull off, and the more difficult and creative the tricks you piece together, the better your total score will be.

Features:

~Skate as 1 of 10 top pros
~Work your way up the ranks by landing suicidal tricks in brutal competitions
~Pull off hundreds of motion-captured move combos on the fly with supersmooth controls
~Single-session mode is a pure score competition,
where you pick a level and try to get as many points as possible in two minutes.
~2-player modes include split-screen "trick attack," graffiti (causes certain parts of the level to change to your color when you do tricks on them. Your opponent then must do a better trick on that part of the level to change it to his color. The person with the most colored pieces at the end of two minutes wins)and Horse (just like in the basketball game). Player one has ten seconds to do the best trick he can do. Player two must match or beat that trick to avoid getting a letter.

You can purchase this game for your:

~Sega Dreamcast
(which is what I have)
~PlayStation
~Nintendo 64

There was not an age recommendation here at epinions but I would say 12 and up.
The price has dropped since I purchased the game, just before Christmas, because they have a TH2 (which is even better).

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater was first released as a PlayStation game before being translated for the Dreamcast. As a free skateboarding game, it allows you...