Planescape: Torment for PC Reviews

Planescape: Torment for PC

The best RPG Ever!

Apr 2, 2001

Pros:Amazing gameplay; excellent characters; Gorgeous Music; Nice graphics; Perfect Story!

Cons:The only Con to this game is that not enough people have played it

The Bottom Line: Excellent graphics, characters and music, with a Story that will stay with you long after the final battle earns this game a five star rating, and the highest praise.

I have spent the past month traveling the Planescape universe, and upon finishing this game yesterday, I heartily proclaim it to be the best CRPG ever. Diablo II, Baldur's Gate II, Might and Magic, Ultima -- none of these comes close. Planescape: Torment has one of the best stories I've ever seen in a PC Game. I still can't believe it was so good. The storyline in this game is very ambitious, but Black Isle has pulled it off very well. From your first quest to find a scalpel in the morgue, to finding the ultimate secret of your mortality, this game grabs you and never lets go.

The game is *very* text intensive, and the importance of conversation cannot be emphasized enough. Combat is here, but not in the same fashion as Diablo II. This is a real *Story* game, not a mindless dungeon romp. Some people would have liked more voice acting, but I really enjoyed being able to read the text myself, and go at my own pace.

The characters in Planescape are very well done. By the end of the game, you genuinely care about their welfare, and you wish the game could continue on through more quests just so that you can spend more time learning about your characters. The game world is VERY diverse, and the range of NPCs is remarkable. Each NPC has a separate personality, and their reaction to your party can vary based on your experiences and your party's alignments. Character development is a bit different than usual, as you develop your character while the game is progressing, rather than setting point totals and leaving them at that.

Depending on how many side quests you take on, I'd estimate the time on this one to be from 40 to 80 hours or so, and it's worth every second.

*Know* that you should buy this game. *Know* that you should play this game. *Know* that you WILL NOT regret it.

What can change the nature of a man?

Planescape Torment Pc Brand Sealed Plane Scape

Planescape Torment Pc Brand Sealed Plane Scape

In Planescape: Torment, you are known simply as the Nameless One. You awaken in a room full of dormant zombies, with no memories or information of the...

Ad&d Planescape Torment & Soulbringer Pc Game Dual Jewel Combo Pack Sealed

Ad&d Planescape Torment & Soulbringer Pc Game Dual Jewel Combo Pack Sealed

A two-pack of the two RPG classics -- Black Isle's Planescape Torment and Moonpod's SoulBringer.