Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth  (Sony PlayStation 1, 2001) Reviews

Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth (Sony PlayStation 1, 2001)

Hoshigami

Mar 25, 2002

Pros:The style of play. The amount of thought that has to be put in.

Cons:Extremely difficult.

The Bottom Line: I could see how someone could get frustrated by this game. Because it is so hard. But I like a challenge. A great game aside the difficulty.

Hoshigami is an extremely hard game. Put your thinkin' cap on for this one. Hoshigami is more or less based purely on your strategy.

The type of gameplay Hoshigami sports is just like the Tactics games. You know, Tactics Ogre and FF Tactics.

The reason why I say Hoshigami is extremely difficult is because you get killed too easily! Yeah, that ruins all the games. But if you get killed, there is no way to revive your dead guy. He just dies. Well, I'm not all the way through the game yet, but I haven't come across anything you could use to revive someone who is dead.
What else makes this game difficult is the fact that the computer is actually smart! You know when your main character could have 1 HP left, and the enemy walks right past you? Yeah, not in this game. They seem to be smarter, thus being harder. A true Role Playing Game. What else, enemies can have up to 4 attacks! So can your guys, mind you.

There is a Tower of Trial, where you can train your guys. But once you exit the tower, you have start all over again. which sucks. Also, if your guy dies in there.. he's dead. That also sucks. You have to be in the Tower of Trial for a long time before you are powerful enough to complete some of the levels.

Definately RENT this game before you buy it.

If you liked this game and would like to try others, check out Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, Vandal Harts 1 & 2, and Vanguard Bandits.

Since I like games I can actually beat before I go crazy and punch another hole in my wall, I give this game a 4/5.

Enjoy.

Join Fazz and his Ixian comrades in an epic battle against an angry bunch of humans. The Ixians were leading a perfectly peaceful existence in the lan...