Zoo Tycoon: Dinosaur Digs for Windows

zoo tycoon vs. roller coaster tycoon

Feb 6, 2003

Pros:Animals are cute and it's fun to watch the baby animals cavorting around.

Cons:A lot of the game is changing terrain squares, which is pretty dull.

The Bottom Line: If you have played Roller Coaster Tycoon a million times and looking for a new challenge, this will hold your interest for a while.

Zoo Tycoon and Roller Coaster Tycoon (RCT) are the only two computer games I've played in the last ten years, so I will compare the two.

RCT is clearly the much better game. It's slick fast and a lot of fun, even for many hours and days.

Zoo Tycoon is reasonably entertaining, but I have some gripes.
* A lot of the game boils down to changing terrain squares, which is pretty dull work. I kept thinking, "I could write computer program to take care of this tedious work" and then "Hey, I'm PLAYING a computer program that is asking me to do this tedious work!"
* The game freezes up a lot, especially when you have a lot of guests. And I have a fast computer. Quitting the game and restarting seems to help. RCT is always incredibly fast even on my slowest (500 MHz) computer.
* There is an ad for Blue Fang/M$ in the game, which is annoying.
* The music in the Carousel is only 8 notes, which could drive you insane. The music in RCT is great and varied.

I've solved almost every scenario in Zoo Tycoon (there aren't that many), so I guess I liked it. Still, I don't think I'll look back on it fondly, like I do RCT, and I won't be buying the Zoo Tycoon expansion packs.

Zoo Tycoon Ds Nintendo Ds Nds Us Version

Zoo Tycoon Ds Nintendo Ds Nds Us Version

Become a virtual zookeeper with ZOO TYCOON DS, a game that allows players to design their own zoo and care for the animals.

Zoo Tycoon - Windows

Zoo Tycoon - Windows

Create the ultimate zoo! You're in charge of a real zoo in Zoo Tycoon. Go wild building the most fun and beautiful attraction you can imagine. Care fo...
QVC

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ds Nintendo Ds Nds Us Version

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ds Nintendo Ds Nds Us Version

In Zoo Tycoon 2 DS, players create the zoo of their dreams while collecting and caring for their favorite animals from every continent.

Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One)

Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One)

Find video games at Target.com! Product description let your imagination run wild with zoo tycoon on xbox one! Choose from over 100 visually stunning ...

Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection 3 Games Pc Xp (dvd-rom)

Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection 3 Games Pc Xp (dvd-rom)

Zoo Tycoon: Complete Collection is a compilation of three previously released games: Zoo Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon: Dinosaur Digs, and Zoo Tycoon: Marine Man...

Zoo Tycoon - Xbox One

Zoo Tycoon - Xbox One

The roar of a lion. The trumpet of an elephant. The fun-loving chatter of the monkeys. You've always heard the call of the wild the animal kingdom fas...
Best Buy

Zoo Tycoon Xbox 360 Video Game

Zoo Tycoon Xbox 360 Video Game

Zoo Tycoon Xbox 360 English US NTSC DVD
Cascio Interstate Music

Zoo Tycoon (Xbox 360)

Zoo Tycoon (Xbox 360)

Find video games at Target.com! Zoo tycoon (xbox 360)

Zoo Tycoon 2: Ultimate Collection - Windows

Zoo Tycoon 2: Ultimate Collection - Win - CD ( DVD case ) - English - North America
PCM