-10%

Free Shipping Lowe's
Free Shipping AppliancesConnection

Much better than anticipated

Feb 3, 2013

Pros:Cost-effective
Numerous settings
ENERGY STAR qualified

Cons:The wash cycle seems to take longer than my old machine.

The Bottom Line: Great washing machine, meets all my washing needs!

When we recently moved out of our apartment, we decided we needed to buy a washer and dryer. We spent a lot of time researching the best washing machine. We were looking to spend $500-700 and specifically looking for a top load washer.

The GE GTWN4250DWS Top Load Washer is fantastic.

Color:
This washing machine comes in white.

Size:
This washing machine is 25.5 inches deeps and 3.9 cu feet which is plenty of space to wash my queen-sized down comforter. I have also washed pillows, a dog bed, and several other large items without difficulty. The washing machine cleans them all well.

Settings:
This washing machine has 16 settings. These include Permanent Press Cycle, Whites Cycle, Delicate Wash Cycle, Handwash Cycle, Rinse & Spin Cycle, Light Wash Cycle, Speed Wash Cycle, Specialty Cycle. The specialty cycle is especially useful for the larger items you want to wash.

Energy useage:
This washing machine is ENERGY STAR qualified which allows year-round energy and money savings. The Kilowatt Hrs. per Year are 208 and Modified Energy Factor is 2.0. This is about average when compared to other machines in the same price range.

Durability:
I cannot speak directly to the longevity of this washing machine as we have only had it two years. However, the washing machine basin is made of durable stainless steel.

Unique features:
HydroWave Quiet Agitator Wash System with dual-action agitator. This provides a more thorough cleaning. The Power Rinse option removes dirty water before spinning to help prevent deposits on clothes. The washer spins at 700-RPM which helps to remove water and minimize dry times

Overall, this is a great washing machine and I would definitely purchase this again.

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. GE appliances provide up-to-date technology and exceptional quality to simplify the way you live. With a timele...
Home Depot
Save more and wash more with this 39 cu ft ENERGY STAR qualified washer With 16 wash cycles and HydroWave quiet agitator wash system this washer will ...
AppliancesConnection
3.9 Cu. Ft. Capacity/ HydroWave Quiet Agitator Wash System/ Rotary Electronic Controls With Cycle Status Lights/ 16 Wash Cycles/ PreciseFill With The ...
Abt Electronics
ENERGY STAR® qualified - meets or exceeds federal guidelines for energy efficiency and provides year-round energy and money savings. HydroWave® quiet...
Lowe's