General Mills Chex Mix AVTSN35182 Reviews

General Mills Chex Mix AVTSN35182

Cheddar Is Better: General Mills Cheddar Chex Mix

Aug 1, 2012 (Updated Aug 2, 2012)

Pros:Flavorful, Economical, Low fat

Cons:High in sodium

The Bottom Line: Flavorful, low fat, low calorie snack with a sharp cheddar flavor

As a nutritiously conscious person, I try to avoid junk food and limit my between meal snacks to avoid extra calories. However, I do allow myself to indulge in a low fat, low calorie, snack occasionally. One of my favorites is General Mills Cheddar Chex Mix. This tasty mixture of cereals and pretzels, with just the right amount of sharp cheddar flavor, completely satisfies my appetite without making me feel guilty about snacking. Although I also enjoy the original mix, the added zesty cheddar cheese favor makes a great snack even better.

The Company:

Founded in 1856, and headquartered in Golden Valley, Minnesota, a suburb of Minneapolis, General Mills  is a leading marketer of food products including cake mixes, frozen pizzas, yogurt, and cereal including many well-known brands, such as Betty Crocker, Tostinos, Pillsbury, Hagen Dazs, Cheerios, and Lucky Charms. Their brand portfolio includes more than 100 leading brands sold worldwide. They aslo market a wide assortment of salty, sweet 'n salty, and chocolate Chex Mix varieties including Traditional, Bold Party Blend, Sweet Potato Sour Cream & Onion, Peanut Loves, Hot ' Spicy, Juicy Barbecue, Jalapeno Cheddar, Chipotle Cheddar, Caramel Crunch, Honey Sweenut, Trail Mix, Turtle Shell, Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Buddies In the Mud and Cookies & Cream.

The Product:

Conveniently, General Mill's Cheddar Chex Mix is available in several different bag sizes from the small snack size to 15 oz bags. This lightly seasoned salty mix consists of corn chex, wheat chex, pretzels, cheese crackers, and mini-breadsticks featuring the crispy, crunchy, texture of dry cereal with a sharp cheddar flavor, resulting in a mild, but pleasant after taste. According to the label, General Mill's Cheddar Chex Mix has 60% less fat than potato chips, while satisfying the urge for a relatively guilt-free salty snack.

Nutritional Information:

Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar 3g
Protein 2g

Ingredients:

Degermed Yellow Corn Meal, Whole Wheat, Vegetable Oil (Soybean, Rice Bran and/or Canola), Sugar, Whey, Salt, Buttermilk. Contains 2% or less of: Butter, Barley Malt Extract, Monosodium Glutamate, Nonfat Milk, Dried Cheddar Cheese (Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Sour Cream (Cultured Cream, Lactic Acid), Distilled Monoglycerides, Onion Powder, Baking Soda, Yellow Corn Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Trisodium Phosphate, Color (Yellows 5&6 Lake, Yellows 5&6), Natural Flavor, Soy Flour. Freshness Preserved By Bht.

Overall Recommendation:

I have found General Mills Cheddar Chex Mix to be downright addicting, although I try to limit myself to a serving to a serving and 1/2 at the time. At around $2.00-$2.50 per 8.75 oz bag, it is also a reasonably economical snack.

The salty flavor is ideal for parties and small social gatherings and is an excellent complement to any beverage, including soda, beer, and wine. The snack sized bags are perfect for the golf course and school or work lunches.

Those on a low sodium diet may want to avoid General Mills Cheddar Chex Mix. However the sharp cheddar zing in this tasty snack, is hard to beat for those who enjoy salty snacks with a slightly zesty kick.

CHEX MIX, CHEDDAR FLAVOR TRAIL MIX, 3.75OZ BAG, 8 BAGS/BOX
The perfect blend of Chex products with your favorite flavors and snacks. A mix of Corn Chex, Wheat Chex pretzels and other bite-sized snacks. Food Ty...
The perfect blend of Chex products with your favorite flavors and snacks.