Go-Cat Da Bird Cat Toy

Da Bird by Go-Cat is the best Cat Toy Ever

Jul 30, 2012

Pros:cats love this toy, looks and sounds like a real bird in flight

Cons:you might need to get replacements

The Bottom Line: Da Bird is the best cat toy ever!

We first purchased a Da Bird Cat Toy at a cat show almost 30 yrs ago for our first cat and a couple years ago we bought another for our current cat. There are other similar toys on the market but the original Da Bird Toy is the only one that my cats have ever really played with.

Da Bird by Go-Cat

Da Bird is so simple but Cats will chase it like a real bird. We have bought other similar toys but the construction of this toy is way better and provides real action that you will not find with other toys that are simply a feather attached to a string on a pole. This is so much more.

The pole: The pole on this toy is 3ft long and separates into two parts that are equal in size. You can take them apart to store it in a drawer. I generally just keep it whole because my cat is pretty good about not destroying it, but some people with maybe younger cats will appreciate being able to fold it down and put it in a drawer. We have had cats that would not leave it alone so we had to hide it when we were not playing with it.

The String: The string is attached to the end of the pole with a little plastic rubber cap that keeps it snapped on to the pole. The string is a durable woven nylon cord that is narrow but strong enough that your cat won't break it. It really holds up over time. The feather toy at the end might not last as long. Luckily they sell replacements for that part.

Da Bird Feather Toy: The feather toy on the end consists of two strong large feathers that go away from each other slightly so they fan out away from each other. In the center are a couple other smaller feathers. Ours only has one of the smaller feathers left. You can get these in all different colors of feathers. Some are dyed some more natural looking.

The feathers are tucked into a red plastic cap and at the end is a metal connector that swivels. There is a loop at the end of this little swivel connector. Between this connector and the string is a swivel connector that looks like you would buy it in the fishing tackle aisle. You can attach or detach the feather toy with the little clip on the swivel connector. You will be glad of that because you will most likely have to replace the feather if your cat gets a hold of it. The cat will think its a real bird, and it might not survive long! My cat being older will play with it but not destroy it. We have had cats in the past that will totally demolish Da Bird if left alone with it.

Playing with the Cat: When you get Da Bird out and wave it you will see that all those swivel connectors allow the feathers to spin and that action creates a look and sound that is like a real bird flying. If I do not know where my cat is and want to get him out of his hiding place all I do is get Da Bird and let him fly in a circle over my head. The sound will make my cat come running in no time.

It is a great way to give your cat exercise because he will jump into the air in an attempt to catch what he thinks is a bird. No matter how many times I take this out to play with my cat he never gets tired of it. On occasion he has taken Da Bird out for a spin on his own and I have found it in the corner of my closet upstairs. It is pretty funny how much cats love these things. My cat has chewed on the feathers a bit. They look a bit mangled but are still functional.

Durability and replacement parts: Our cat has had a Da Bird for two years and not destroyed it but we have had cats in the past that would chew the feather to bits if they ever got alone with it. For that reason Go-Cat sells replacement feather attachments and they are easy to put on with the little clip hook.

for more info and to buy replacements go to http://www.go-cat.com/

Thanks for reading my review

If you have questions or comments about Da Bird, leave them in the comments section.

:-)

Becky

Da Bird Cat Toy

Da Bird is a quality, handcrafted interactive cat toy that mimics the motions of a live bird in flight. Consisting of a fiberglass rod, nylon sting an...
Entirely Pets

Go-Cat Da Bird

Cats are crazy about Da Bird! This fun toy includes a 36 rod, nylon string and feathers that mimic the action of a real bird in flight.
Only Natural Pet

Da Bird Kitty Puff Attachment Cat Toy Leaping Kitties

Da Bird Kitty Puff Attachment Cat Toy Leaping Kitties

It's the Da Bird Kitty Puff Attachment! Easily attaches to your cat's Da Bird pole so that you can spice up play sessions! New in package! Colors Vary...

Go-Cat Da Bird Refill

Go-Cat Da Bird Refill

Terrific Trio Of Da Bird Accessories Cat Toy Blow Out Watch The Videos

Terrific Trio Of Da Bird Accessories Cat Toy Blow Out Watch The Videos

Presenting Da Bird Wand Toy Accessories!3 Amazingly Fun Accessories in one package!Easily attach to your Da Bird pole so that you can add some variety...

Da Bird Feather Teaser Cat Toy Watch The Video You're All Mine, Feather

Da Bird Feather Teaser Cat Toy Watch The Video You're All Mine, Feather

Da Bird Feather Teaser! Cats will LEAP and SOAR and DIVE to catch the bird in the house! Simply the best cat toy ever! New in package! 2 part fibergla...

Go-Cat Da Bird Fur Fun Attachment