Grado SR60i Headband Headphones - Black Reviews

Grado SR60i Headband Headphones - Black

Awesome, even if they were twice the price!

Dec 17, 2012 (Updated Dec 17, 2012)

Pros:Awesome Sound!  Easy to power.  No "hot ear" effect. Lightweight.

Cons:Sound leakage, not as comforable or stylish as some others.

The Bottom Line: A definite must buy if you listen in a quiet sedentary environment.  Not so great for on-the-go use.

In short:  These are the best sounding headphones of any that I've ever purchased!

In my last headphone review, I commented that I really liked these, but chose the others because of the need for more sound isolation.  Well, about a year later [about a year ago] I decided that I really wanted a pair for home use where I didn't care as much about sound isolation, so I went back to the same shop and bought the Grados for an awesome price, better than any online vendor.  I haven't regreted it and they quickly became my most used headphones.

I've always had a preference for speakers over headphones, even if it meant a loss of sound quality, because of the improved soundstage and not having that "in your head" sensation and hearing your own heartbeat aspects of headphones.  These, on the other hand, are much more like listening on speakers.  The open air design makes for very accurate sound reproduction and less of a sense of being caught unaware.

That said, there are a few things that I'm not completly thrilled with.

1) I'd substitute the Y cord for  a single sided cord
2) The cord doesn't have strain relief at the cans and I'm afraid of pulling them out and ruining them
3) The foam could be a little bit more comfortable
4) The other-the-head fit is a bit short on adjustment.  They are an extremely simple design, which is nice in one sense, but not as comfortable as some more modern designs.

Overall, these illustrate well why Grado has such a great reputation for awesome sound.

Grado Prestige Series SR-60i Padded Headphones - SHIPS IN 5 TO 10 BUSINESS DAYS Sr-60i will be discontinued soon. If it is we will ship the updated mo...

Go Prestige Series SR-60i Padded Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer) Upgrade to 2-Day Air for just $5.99! $200.95 $160.60 Details Manufacturer: ...
Grado Prestige Series SR-60i Padded Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer) Click Thumbnails to Enlarge mini plug with 1/4 adaptor Frequency respons...