HP Deskjet 3052A All-In-One Inkjet Printer Reviews

HP Deskjet 3052A All-In-One Inkjet Printer

The BEST printer I've ever owned!

Aug 21, 2012 (Updated Aug 21, 2012)

• Paper Handling:

Pros:Works very well, inexpensive, scans and copies as well as prints, wireless!

Cons:None.

The Bottom Line: An amazing printer for a great price and the best part is that it's wireless.

This is the BEST printer that I've ever owned, it works well and I love the wireless capability the most!

The price was amazing. I picked this up at Walmart for $79. I also bought ink for it, and did not realize that (I couldn't find it anywhere on the box) that it comes with color and black ink already which makes it an excellent deal. Right now it's on Walmart.com for $69.99. Normally, a cartridge of black and a cartridge of colored ink would come to about half the price of this printer!

We can print anything from any of our laptops in the house (even from upstairs). We all have our own laptop and when I push print on a page, it takes a few seconds for the wireless to reach the printer and give the command. Once it does, then it starts printing from wherever I am in the house. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this because I don't have to go to the printer and hook up wires to my laptop and then push print. Just for the convenience factor, this printer is worth it!

As far as speed, it prints a normal, at-home printer speed. It takes mere seconds for the printer to receive the command wirelessly and then print. The print is not super fast, it's not slow, but better than other inexpensive printers I've owned. The Hewlett Packard booklet says that for the black cartridge, the speed of printing is up to 20 ppm and the color ink; 16 ppm.

This printer also makes copies and scans. My last couple of printers were horrible and horribly slow at scanning or copying. This is fast (not lightning fast) but it works very well! I can scan with just a push of the button on top of the printer (the lid flips up so you can put your paper in there to copy or whatever it is you're scanning). I haven't experienced any errors in this printer and it is so easy to figure out (really you push scan or the copy button on top of it). It has a digital screen that flips up with the buttons you need to use on top of it (so you can see it eye level instead of looking down on the printer to push the button). I have also printed onto photo-paper and it works awesome!

The design is sleek, it's a black-greyish color and looks modern. It's not huge and bulky but not tiny, either (16"x 9.8"x 16.8"). It is 7 lbs in weight. This printer uses inkjet, not laser ink (I can find ink for it for a discounted price at Walmart). The black cartridge will print up to 120 pages and the color one up to 100 before replacement. When making copies, 30 is the max at one time. Compatible with most operating systems; MS Windows XP SP2 or later, Apple Mac OS X 10.5, MS Windows 7, MS Windows Vista, Apple Mac OS X 10.6. There is also a button on the LCD screen that is Eprint (which you can use to print from your Smartphone or Tablet PC). I have not used this feature, so I cannot comment on it. Even though I haven't used it yet, I plan to. You have to get the email address to the printer and even if you are on vacation far away, you can print your pictures at home.

Set up is easy. You basically plug it into an outlet and then use the Installation CD it comes with to download to your computer. This printer comes with; HP 61 black and tri-color cartridges, user's guide, installation CD, power supply and power cord, USB cable and a reusable tote. There is also a one-year limited warranty on this printer and 1-year technical phone support. You also need to have internet connection to be able to use this printer.

The picture quality is good.
It prints up to 600 dpi (black ink) and up to 4800 x 1200 dpi (color ink). I wouldn't say that my photos turn out professional-like, but they aren't horrible. They are good enough to put into frames or give out as gifts. The printer will also print on envelopes, card stock (printer paper of course), photo paper, transparencies and labels. I print labels for my soap that I make and so it works well for that. My words and pictures on my labels are clear and dry quick enough so that I don't smudge it.

Overall, I was worried about buying such an inexpensive printer/scanner/copier. I will say that I am no longer worried, this is an excellent all-in-one printer to use for home or home office use and it's also very convenient.

Operating System: Windows and Macintosh

Product Features UPC: 886111112609 Weight: 11.200 lbs Technical Details portable Product Description Take advantage of easy wireless printing and shar...
Take advantage of easy wireless printing and sharing at home - even print through e-mail with this HP all-in-one inkjet printer. Designed to deliver d...