HP Mini 110-4250NR 10.1" (320 GB, Intel Atom Dual-Core, 1.6 GHz, 1 GB) Notebook - Glossy Black - B5S14UA Reviews

Close to useless. Save your money.

Oct 22, 2012 (Updated Oct 23, 2012)
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:Very Light
Nice Vivid Screen
Full Keyboard
Wifi enabled

Cons:SLOW
Bad battery Life
Mediocre speakers
Windows Starter Edition is limited
Cost is high

The Bottom Line: Save your money,  Even for the basic better is available.

I needed a netbook for travel, I also wanted a full keyboard so I picked up the Hewlett Packard Mini 110-4250nr.  For the most part it did its job at the most minimum level.  It is very light, a little more than three pounds.

The HP Mini came with a Intel Atom processor, Windows 7 Starter edition, 1 gig of ram, A 10.1 inch LED screen, webcam and built in Microphone, three USB slots, a media card reader, a six cell lithium battery that suppose to get ten hours of life in it, WiFi enabled, a fourty watt AC adapter, Ethernet port and it came with a glossy dark blue cover.

Biggest Flaw in my mind has to be how insanely long it takes for the HP mini to startup or run any program.   I had to buy more ram to even make it worth keeping.  This cost me another sixty dollars for a local computer store to install.  It could barely handle anything more difficult than Microsoft Word let alone the internet.

That said it does come with a near full size keyboard and that was a must for me, once I was able to get the programs to run it did its job well enough.  The odd touchpad mouse was hit or miss at best so it made corrections or highlighting any text a bit of a hassle.

I will say that I was amazed at the 10.1 inch LED screen.  I have vision problems and I could see everything perfectly.  If you played with the settings you could make the screen very bright and vivid.

Now for battery life I was suppose to get ten or so hours out of the HP mini.  No… at best I got 2 or 3 even in energy saver mode.  If I was not near a socket then the poor netbook would no doudt be dead or dieing before I got done using it.  Really disappointing.

Now it did come with Windows Starter Edition.  You lose some things that are not really an issue to me but if might be an issue to someone who needed more than just something to type on while on the road.  You lose the personalization abilities like changing your background wallpaper, Multi-monitor support and a few other things that won’t really effect a netbook like DVD playback.

The built in speakers was mediocre at best so 90 percent of the time it would be best to use headphones. Plus using the speakers helped kill the battery life even faster than normal so….oh well.

My recommendation is that the Hewlett Packard Mini 110-4250nr will do the bare minimum and not very well and for its going cost, you might want to find better options unless you can pick this up on a second hand market for half its normal cost.  It is just not worth it.

Operating System: Windows
Screen Size: 10 inches

HP Pavilion 13-P110NR E9L40UA 13.3 LED Notebook Intel Core i3-4020Y 1.5 GHz 4GB DDR3 128GB SSD Intel HD graphics 4400 Windows 8

13-P110NR - Windows 8.1. 4th gen intel Core i3-4020Y processor. 13.3 diagonal HD LED backlit IPS touchscreen display. 4GB DDR3L SDRAM with maximum sup...
HP - Pavilion dm1-4310nr 11.6 Notebook Computer, AMD E2-1800 1.7GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD,

HP Pavilion dm1-4310nr 11.6 Notebook Computer, AMD E2-1800 1.7GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, Windows 8 64-Bit With T-Mobile 4G The HP Pavilion dm1-4310nr 1...
Adorama

Pavilion 11-h110nr Intel Pentium Quad-Core N3520 2.17GHz TouchSmart Notebook - 4GB RAM  64GB SSD  11.6 HD LED Touchscreen

Pavilion 11-h110nr Intel Pentium Quad-Core N3520 2.17GHz TouchSmart Notebook - 4GB RAM 64GB SSD 11.6 HD LED Touch...

Intel Pentium Quad-Core N3520 2.17GHz 4GB DDR3L SDRAM 64GB Solid State Drive 11.6 HD LED Touchscreen Microsoft Windows 8
MacMall
HP Pavilion 11-h110nr x2 11.6 LED Notebook Intel Pentium N3520 2.17GHz 4G BDDR3 64GB SSD Windows 8

Get the best value with a two-in-one detachable that adapts to your busy life. Write emails, do homework or enjoy creative projects on a laptop, and t...
HP - Pavilion 11-e110nr 11 Touchscreen Notebook Computer, AMD A4-1250 1.0GHz, 4GB RAM, 50

HP Pavilion 11-e110nr 11 Touchscreen Notebook Computer, AMD A4-1250 1.0GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Windows 8.1 The compact, powerful HP Pavilion TouchSma...
Adorama

HP - 14 Chromebook - Intel Celeron - 2GB Memory - 16GB Solid State Drive - Snow White

With a high-speed wireless LAN, this HP 14-q010dx Chromebook lets you access e-mail, social networks and streaming media on the go. The Intel Celeron ...
Best Buy

HP - 250 G3 Intel Core i3 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 15.6 Touch Notebook Windo, Laptops

HP 250 G3 Notebook PC Efficient computing can be yours with the HP 250 G3 Notebook PC. It is powered by the Intel Core i3-3217U 1.8GHz Processor for s...
TigerDirect.com

HP 15 Laptop Intel Pentium 4GB RAM 500GB HD with Software

HP 15 Laptop Intel Pentium 4GB RAM 500GB HD with Software

Take it on the road with the HP 15-r030nr notebook. It packs all your everyday needs--speed, connectivity, storage space, graphics, and more--into a l...
QVC