HP Mini 110-4250NR 10.1" (320 GB, Intel Atom Dual-Core, 1.6 GHz, 1 GB) Notebook - Glossy Black - B5S14UA Reviews

Close to useless. Save your money.

Oct 22, 2012 (Updated Oct 23, 2012)
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:Very Light
Nice Vivid Screen
Full Keyboard
Wifi enabled

Cons:SLOW
Bad battery Life
Mediocre speakers
Windows Starter Edition is limited
Cost is high

The Bottom Line: Save your money,  Even for the basic better is available.

I needed a netbook for travel, I also wanted a full keyboard so I picked up the Hewlett Packard Mini 110-4250nr.  For the most part it did its job at the most minimum level.  It is very light, a little more than three pounds.

The HP Mini came with a Intel Atom processor, Windows 7 Starter edition, 1 gig of ram, A 10.1 inch LED screen, webcam and built in Microphone, three USB slots, a media card reader, a six cell lithium battery that suppose to get ten hours of life in it, WiFi enabled, a fourty watt AC adapter, Ethernet port and it came with a glossy dark blue cover.

Biggest Flaw in my mind has to be how insanely long it takes for the HP mini to startup or run any program.   I had to buy more ram to even make it worth keeping.  This cost me another sixty dollars for a local computer store to install.  It could barely handle anything more difficult than Microsoft Word let alone the internet.

That said it does come with a near full size keyboard and that was a must for me, once I was able to get the programs to run it did its job well enough.  The odd touchpad mouse was hit or miss at best so it made corrections or highlighting any text a bit of a hassle.

I will say that I was amazed at the 10.1 inch LED screen.  I have vision problems and I could see everything perfectly.  If you played with the settings you could make the screen very bright and vivid.

Now for battery life I was suppose to get ten or so hours out of the HP mini.  No… at best I got 2 or 3 even in energy saver mode.  If I was not near a socket then the poor netbook would no doudt be dead or dieing before I got done using it.  Really disappointing.

Now it did come with Windows Starter Edition.  You lose some things that are not really an issue to me but if might be an issue to someone who needed more than just something to type on while on the road.  You lose the personalization abilities like changing your background wallpaper, Multi-monitor support and a few other things that won’t really effect a netbook like DVD playback.

The built in speakers was mediocre at best so 90 percent of the time it would be best to use headphones. Plus using the speakers helped kill the battery life even faster than normal so….oh well.

My recommendation is that the Hewlett Packard Mini 110-4250nr will do the bare minimum and not very well and for its going cost, you might want to find better options unless you can pick this up on a second hand market for half its normal cost.  It is just not worth it.

Operating System: Windows
Screen Size: 10 inches

HP 2000-2b20NR Laptop Computer With 15.6in. Screen Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual-Core Processor

Large 4GB memory lets you run demanding programs. 500GB hard drive holds thousands of songs, photos and documents. Wireless-N (802.11n) for high-perfo...
Office Depot

HP Silver 13.3 Pavilion 13-p110nr X2 Laptop PC with Intel Core i3-4020Y Processor, 4GB Memory, 128GB Solid State Drive and Windows 8.1

Get double the value and versatility in a single solution with a high-performance laptop and detachable tablet in one when using this HP Silver Pavili...

HP ENVY dv6-7215nr Notebook PC

HP ENVY dv6-7215nr Notebook PC

Download media fast and keep your Internet and games running faster. Make the HP ENVY dv6 run at your pace by choosing powerful graphics and processin...
Pavilion 11-h110nr Intel Pentium Quad-Core N3520 2.17GHz TouchSmart Notebook - 4GB RAM  64GB SSD  11.6 HD LED Touchscreen

Pavilion 11-h110nr Intel Pentium Quad-Core N3520 2.17GHz TouchSmart Notebook - 4GB RAM 64GB SSD 11.6 HD LED Touch...

Intel Pentium Quad-Core N3520 2.17GHz 4GB DDR3L SDRAM 64GB Solid State Drive 11.6 HD LED Touchscreen Microsoft Windows 8
MacMall
Pavilion 13-P110NR, Intel i3-4020Y 1.5 GHz, 4GB, 128GB, 13.3-Inch Detachable 2 in 1 Touchscreen Laptop

Intel i3-4020Y 1.5 GHz 4 GB DDR3L SDRAM 128 GB Solid-State Drive 13.3-Inch Screen, Intel HD graphics 4400
HP Essential 650 C6Z72UT 15.6in. LED Notebook - Intel - Pentium B980 2.4GHz - Charcoal 1366 x 768 HD Display - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - DVD-Writer - Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Graphics - Webcam - Genuine Windows 8 Multi Language 64 edition - 6 Hour Battery - HDMI

Essential Mobility. Optimized for Windows(R) 7 Professional, this value-priced notebook offers Intel(R) technology, wireless capabilities and essentia...
Office Depot

HP Natural Silver 15.6 Envy 15-j185nr 15.6 Laptop PC with Intel Core i5-4200M Processor, 8GB Memory, Leap Motion Controller, 1TB Hard Drive and Windows 8.1

The HP Envy 15 Laptop takes performance to another level so you can, too. Watch movies more smoothly. Immerse yourself in more realistic games. Hear m...

HP 15 Touch Laptop Intel Core i3 6GB RAM 750GB HD

HP 15 Touch Laptop Intel Core i3 6GB RAM 750GB HD

Rely on the HP 15-r021nr TouchSmart notebook to get you through your daily tasks--and to have some fun.
QVC

HP - 14 Chromebook - Intel Celeron - 2GB Memory - 16GB Solid State Drive - Snow White

With a high-speed wireless LAN, this HP 14-q010dx Chromebook lets you access e-mail, social networks and streaming media on the go. The Intel Celeron ...
Best Buy

HP - 350 G1 Intel Core i5 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 15.6 Notebook Windows 7 P, 16 Screen

HP 350 G1 Notebook PC The HP 350 G1 Notebook PC solves all your productivity needs. The Intel Core i5-4200U 1.6GHz Processor gives it power and speed ...
TigerDirect.com