HP Pavilion p2-1013wb (500 GB, AMD Fusion Dual Core, 1.65 GHz, 3 GB) Desktop Reviews

HP Pavilion p2-1013wb (500 GB, AMD Fusion Dual Core, 1.65 GHz, 3 GB) Desktop

Excellent desktop for everyday use!

Apr 7, 2012

• Quality of Tech Support:

Pros:Works fast. Adequate memory. SD card slot. Easy set up. Tower is a great buy!

Cons:Cheap keyboard, Monitor only 18.5 inches.

The Bottom Line: I recommend for anyone who wants a good quality system for everyday use. You can set up quick and have a trouble free system.

I bought this desktop (HP P2-1013wb) at a Walmart about 2 months ago. It was on clearance for $345.00 for the tower and an 18.5 inch flat panel screen. This system was replacing an aging Dell Dimension 3000 that was about 7.5 years old and seen its better days.

This new HP was very easy to set up. I had it up and running within a few minutes.

The HP with its AMD E450 dual core 1.65ghz processor and 3 GB RAM really showed me how out dated my old Dell really was. Everything ran much faster and smoother. I have a much larger hard drive of 500 GB, which I will never fill up and will be more than I will ever need. The 3 GB of RAM is plenty to run everything without slowing things down.

The operating system is Windows 7. It is taking a little time to get used to this new OS, because some of your old features are not there and/or are rearranged, making you have to look and play around with it.

The DVD/RW burner is great! I can burn CD's and DVD's twice as fast as my old burner.

One small but impressive feature about this system is that it has a built in SD Card slot in front. I can take my SD cards and transfer my pictures from my camera and download right to my computer without hooking up the camera.

This system has a built in graphics processor (Radeon HD) which gives a clear and smooth picture when watching DVD movies or playing games. I am impressed with the sharpness for such a low price on this system.

The 18.5 inch monitor that comes with the tower has a good resolution and quality but is a little small and harder to look at smaller print and icons. I suggest buying a 20 inch or larger screen. I will use the 18.5 as a spare, since I bought a Samsung 20 inch a few days ago. The additional 1.5 inches makes a big difference. The mouse is an optical mouse that is more sensetive than the old mouse with the roller ball inside. The optical mouse takes time to get used to because you dont have to move it as much; however, you will get used to it quickly.

I have always owned Dell systems; however, I am very impressed with the HP system for the price. I recommend this system for your everyday use. I have used this system for Internet, MS Word documents, spreadsheets, a few games, and . I have had NO problems running anything to date.

The only 2 cons I have noticed is the lack of free pre-installed applications. Over the years less and less apps and programs are coming with new systems. Also, the keyboard is kind of cheap. It is adequate but cheaply made.

Operating System: Windows
Processor: AMD Athlon (K7)
Processor speed: over 1000
RAM: More than 256
Internal Storage: CD-RW and DVD
Hard Drive (GB): Over 50

HP - Pavilion dm1-4310nr 11.6 Notebook Computer, AMD E2-1800 1.7GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD,

HP Pavilion dm1-4310nr 11.6 Notebook Computer, AMD E2-1800 1.7GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, Windows 8 64-Bit With T-Mobile 4G The HP Pavilion dm1-4310nr 1...
Adorama

HP Pavilion G6-2235us 15.6 Laptop (2.7 GHz AMD A6-4400M Accelerated Processor, 4GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive, SuperMulti DVD Burne

Features: Next Generation AMD A6-4400M Accelerated 2.7GHz up to 3.2GHz 1MB L2 Cache Processor 4GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory, Expandable to 8GB 750GB 5400RPM H...
HP Pavilion dm1-4310nr C2K41UA 11.6 LED Notebook AMD E2-1800 1.7GHz 4GB DDR3 500GB HDD AMD Radeon HD 7340 Windows 8

Super mobile. Surprisingly powerful. So cool.The power of a notebook in the size of a netbook. Thats the beauty ofthe HP Pavilion dm1-4310nr laptop co...

HP - Pavilion 23 All-In-One Computer - AMD E2-Series - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive

HP Pavilion 23 All-In-One: This all-in-one computer lets you browse the Internet and watch videos and more on a Full HD screen and is compact enough t...
Best Buy

HP Pavilion 500-217c Desktop Computer, AMD A8-6500, 8GB Memory, 1TB

HP Pavilion 500-217c Desktop Computer, AMD A8-6500, 8GB Memory, 1TB

HP Pavilion 500-217c Desktop Computer, AMD A8-6500, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive
Newegg.com

HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart AMD A8 6GB RAM 750GB HD w/Softwar

HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart AMD A8 6GB RAM 750GB HD w/Softwar

Power hungry? The HP Pavilion 15-p010us TouchSmart notebook delivers the speedy performance you demand--and an awesome entertainment experience to boo...
QVC

HP - Pavilion 23 Touch-Screen All-In-One - AMD A8-Series - 4GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive

Learn more about the New Windows This HP Pavilion 23-p110 all-in-one computer's 23 touch screen lets you navigate features using all 10 fingers and di...
Best Buy

HP Pavilion 23-g017c 23 Desktop Computer, AMD A6-5200, 4GB Memory,

HP Pavilion 23-g017c 23 Desktop Computer, AMD A6-5200, 4GB Memory,

HP Pavilion 23-g017c 23 Desktop Computer, AMD A6-5200, 4GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive
Newegg.com