HP Pavilion p2-1013wb (500 GB, AMD Fusion Dual Core, 1.65 GHz, 3 GB) Desktop Reviews

HP Pavilion p2-1013wb (500 GB, AMD Fusion Dual Core, 1.65 GHz, 3 GB) Desktop

Excellent desktop for everyday use!

Apr 7, 2012

• Quality of Tech Support:

Pros:Works fast. Adequate memory. SD card slot. Easy set up. Tower is a great buy!

Cons:Cheap keyboard, Monitor only 18.5 inches.

The Bottom Line: I recommend for anyone who wants a good quality system for everyday use. You can set up quick and have a trouble free system.

I bought this desktop (HP P2-1013wb) at a Walmart about 2 months ago. It was on clearance for $345.00 for the tower and an 18.5 inch flat panel screen. This system was replacing an aging Dell Dimension 3000 that was about 7.5 years old and seen its better days.

This new HP was very easy to set up. I had it up and running within a few minutes.

The HP with its AMD E450 dual core 1.65ghz processor and 3 GB RAM really showed me how out dated my old Dell really was. Everything ran much faster and smoother. I have a much larger hard drive of 500 GB, which I will never fill up and will be more than I will ever need. The 3 GB of RAM is plenty to run everything without slowing things down.

The operating system is Windows 7. It is taking a little time to get used to this new OS, because some of your old features are not there and/or are rearranged, making you have to look and play around with it.

The DVD/RW burner is great! I can burn CD's and DVD's twice as fast as my old burner.

One small but impressive feature about this system is that it has a built in SD Card slot in front. I can take my SD cards and transfer my pictures from my camera and download right to my computer without hooking up the camera.

This system has a built in graphics processor (Radeon HD) which gives a clear and smooth picture when watching DVD movies or playing games. I am impressed with the sharpness for such a low price on this system.

The 18.5 inch monitor that comes with the tower has a good resolution and quality but is a little small and harder to look at smaller print and icons. I suggest buying a 20 inch or larger screen. I will use the 18.5 as a spare, since I bought a Samsung 20 inch a few days ago. The additional 1.5 inches makes a big difference. The mouse is an optical mouse that is more sensetive than the old mouse with the roller ball inside. The optical mouse takes time to get used to because you dont have to move it as much; however, you will get used to it quickly.

I have always owned Dell systems; however, I am very impressed with the HP system for the price. I recommend this system for your everyday use. I have used this system for Internet, MS Word documents, spreadsheets, a few games, and . I have had NO problems running anything to date.

The only 2 cons I have noticed is the lack of free pre-installed applications. Over the years less and less apps and programs are coming with new systems. Also, the keyboard is kind of cheap. It is adequate but cheaply made.

Operating System: Windows
Processor: AMD Athlon (K7)
Processor speed: over 1000
RAM: More than 256
Internal Storage: CD-RW and DVD
Hard Drive (GB): Over 50

HP - Pavilion 17.3 Laptop - AMD A6-Series - 4GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Natural Silver/Ash Silver

Learn more about the New Windows With a 750GB hard drive, this 17.3 HP Pavilion 17-f010us laptop provides ample space to store pictures, videos, music...
Best Buy

HP - Pavilion 17.3 Laptop - AMD A8-Series - 4GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Natural Silver

Processor AMD A8-SeriesProcessor Speed 2.0GHz (with Turbo CORE up to 2.4GHz)Battery Type 4-cell Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) 2800 mAhScreen Size (Measured Dia...
HP - Pavilion 11-e110nr 11 Touchscreen Notebook Computer, AMD A4-1250 1.0GHz, 4GB RAM, 50

HP Pavilion 11-e110nr 11 Touchscreen Notebook Computer, AMD A4-1250 1.0GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Windows 8.1 The compact, powerful HP Pavilion TouchSma...
Adorama

HP Pavilion 15-p000 15-p010us 15.6in. Touchscreen LED Notebook - AMD A-Series A8-6410 2 GHz - Silver

Mobile solutions for your digital life. HP Pavilion notebooks help you discover, create and enjoy multimedia experiences at work and playPackage Conte...
Office Depot

14 Amd 500gb 4gb Win8 S

14 Amd 500gb 4gb Win8 S

HP Consumer, MPN: D1C58UA#ABA
HP Pavilion 15-p030nr - Beats Special Edition - A series A8-5545M / 1.7 GHz - Windows 8.1 64-bit - 8 GB RAM - 1 TB HDD - DVD SuperMulti - 15.6 touchscreen 1366 x 768 ( HD ) - AMD Radeon HD 8510G - vi, Laptops

TigerDirect.com

HP Pavilion 17.3 Touchscreen Notebook with AMD A4-5000 Processor & Windows 8.1 Black

HP - Pavilion 17.3 Laptop - AMD A8 - 4GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Anodized Silver

Processor Brand AMDProcessor AMD A8-SeriesProcessor Speed 1.9GHz (with Turbo CORE up to 2.8GHz)Battery Type 6-cell Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) 2200 mAhScreen...