After researching all the dishwashers on the market, I decided to buy the Bosch SHU43. I must say it is an excellent choice. I have had various dishwashers for the past 30 years and I have always had to make sure all evidence of food was off the items, all orange juice bits were off the glasses, so it was like washing your dishes before putting them in the dishwasher for sanitation. With the Bosch SHU43, you just scrape off the food and load them in and they come out sparkling clean. This has really cut down my time cleaning up after a meal.
Recommend this product?
The main reasons I decided on the Bosch SHU43 are:
1) It has a four level wash system
2) It's extremely quiet
3) The upper rack is adjustable which is extremely valuable for those taller items to be placed on the bottom rack.
4) It has a full door that does not have that lower panel allowing a taller interior.
5) Stainless steel interior and interior door.
6) The bottom rack has no opening in the middle that you have to avoid covering for the spray arm to pop up thus allowing the whole bottom rack to be usable.
7) The bottom rack has two rows of tines that fold down flat.
8) Exceptionally low water consumption thus saving energy costs. For instance: Power Scrub Plus wash consumes 7.1 gallons of water; Scrub wash consumes 6 gallons of water; Regular wash consumes 5.4 gallons of water.
9) A flow through heater that boosts the water temperature in accordance to what wash cycle you choose. For instance: Power Scrub wash is 161 degrees; Scrub wash is 150 degrees; Regular wash is 140 degrees. All the rinses are at 161 degrees.
10) You can remove the upper rack and put on an "extra tall sprinkler" head when you need to wash extra tall items.
11) Nylon, not plastic racks.
12) A special feature on the upper rack of flip down cup shelves on the side to place your stemmed glassware on the 2nd row so that the stems can rest in the "V" formed ends.
I have noticed that my liquid dishwasher detergent lasts 3 times longer than with the other dishwashers I have used, because you use less.
I am also pleasantly surprised that since there is no heating element on the bottom, I can place my plastic ware on the bottom rack without receiving damage like you would with a dishwasher that had a heating element on the bottom.
I am pleased that all my plastic ware stays where I put them instead of being turned upside down filled with water or landing on the floor bottom of the dishwasher.
You couldn't convince me to buy anything else!
Update After 4 Years of Ownership
This is year number 4 that we have owned and used our Bosch dishwasher. To date, there have been no repairs and no problems. We use ours daily and sometimes twice a day. I am so happy to report that Bosch dishwashers are reliable and we even have a 5 year extended warranty on this.
We had a water softener installed a few months after using this dishwasher and I found out quickly not to ever use a rinse-aid agent with a water softener because it will etch your glassware permanently.
It is so nice to be able to hold a conversation in the kitchen or go to bed without hearing your dishwasher running. I have to look at the lights glowing to check and make sure it is on other than hearing the occasional water drainage in the sink.
Get yourself a Bosch if you want reliability, quietness, and a dishwasher than actually cleans your dishes!
Read more product reviews on Bosch SHU43 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher
Write a Review
Amount Paid (US$): 480.00