Click to see larger image
Dacor Preference SGM365 36 in. Gas Cooktop
(12 Epinions reviews)
Epinions Product Rating:
the right sized cooking wonder.
Jan 6, 2002
Review by darkmark
Rated a Very Helpful Review
One of the things you learn when you switch from electric to gas is the meaning of the phrase "now we're cooking with gas!"
Recommend this product?
When my wife and I went looking for a gas cook top after I had our house converted over to gas heat and hot water, We were not looking for a Dacor, but ended up buying one, it had all the right combination of features, size, functionality and looks that we were looking for.
Here's what this particular model is packing:
- One large burner that can boil a teapot in 2-3 minutes at sea level.
- two median burners.
- two small burners.
- centralized levels that are laid out in the same pattern as the burners (it's easy to know which one is which!)
- flame restarter.
- solid brass burners that fully disassemble very easily for quick cleaning.
- sealed cook top that cleans up easy.
- simmer plate for precise low temperature cooking.
- special coating on black flame exposed surfaces that prevents burn through, discoloring, helps against wear.
All in all we love this cooktop. It cooks fast and even
with our Calphalon cookware, and the level controls are precise down to a very low level, even on the "big burner."
It was the right size, only slightly larger than our original GE electric, it looks great, and wasn't the monolith cooktops with the extra burner you'll never use unless cooking for 20.
We recently went to visit the in-laws during the holidays and were cooking on the kitchen-aid radiant cook top, and boy did we notice the difference in speed and evenness that gas and good cookware give you. I'd heartily recommend this one.
Amount Paid (US$): 1100
Share this product review with your friends