Whirlpool LDR3822HQ Electric Portable Dryer Reviews

Free Shipping Home Depot

Best for Size

Mar 13, 2001
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:small, needs no dedicated outlet, stackable, good for apartments

Cons:takes a while to dry

The Bottom Line: If you need a small dryer with no hook-ups, this one is for you.

As a new apartment owner, I needed a small washer and dryer to fit in my kitchen. Using epinions and Consumer Reports, I did a load of research and narrowed down my candidates.

I was dismayed and surprised to find out that most electric dryers required their own dedicated outlet/circuit. And buying a gas model would require me to hire someone to install. I also had a bit of a problem with venting. My building doesn't allow venting though the window.

I ultimately purchased this model. It needed NO INSTALLATION. All I had to do was plug it in. I could use the outlet/circuit for other things at the same time, as it did not need a lot of power. At Home Depot, I purchased a little box (called a 'condenser' or a 'lint catcher') which allowed me to vent directly into the box.

The dryer is relatively small in size, but can handle a reasonably sized load. Its sturdy and I've had no problems with it. I purchased the stackable rack separately and it is bolted on top with the washer on bottom. If you plan to do this, make sure you have someone (or two someones!) to help you hoist it onto the rack as its quite heavy.

There are several settings on the dial for different temperatures and cycles. And the lint filter is very, very easy to clean.

My only disappointment is that it takes longer than I thought to dry a load. About an hour for a load of regular clothes and possibly more for really think towels.

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Having less space doesn't mean less work. This 3.4 cu. ft. compact 120 volt electric dryer with three cycles an...
Home Depot