Whirlpool LDR3822HQ Electric Portable Dryer Reviews

Whirlpool LDR3822HQ Electric Portable Dryer

Free Shipping Home Depot

Great for apartment, no special installation

May 8, 2009

Pros:No special hookup requirements

Cons:Would prefer a front-access lint filter

The Bottom Line: Great value, no special installation, easy to use

I live in an apartment and needed small, portable appliances to utilize because of degenerative arthritis and the inability to use outside laundry facilities.

This machine does a great job of drying clothes. It takes about an hour or a little longer to dry a load, which is about the same amount of time as the commercial machines I'm accustomed to using.

This machine requires NO special installation. I had to purchase a "Lint Trap Kit" from Home Depot, which traps escaping lint in a little box. It does not require a dedicated outlet. It's lightweight, very quiet in operation, and easy to maneuver on its wheels. Since I don't have a laundry room in my apartment, I have to move the appliances around when I need them.

The machine utilizes a simple, rotary-dial control to choose the drying cycle. It includes a humidity sensor, a cool-down feature, as well as a permanent press cycle, and regular timed drying, which gives the user great versatility in choosing which cycle will work best for the garments being dried. It doesn't have alot of bells and whistles, but it does the job, and that's what's important.

The lint filter is easy to clean, but a front-access filter would be easier to remove, clean, and reinstall. It's a minor inconvenience considering all that this machine has to offer.

I've come to trust the Whirlpool name because of previous experience with other appliances, and especially when it comes to compact portable machines, Whirlpool is the best value around.

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Having less space doesn't mean less work. This 3.4 cu. ft. compact 120 volt electric dryer with three cycles an...
Home Depot