Holmes HFH104 Heater Reviews

Holmes HFH104 Heater

Holmes Power Heater – HFH104

Dec 22, 2002 (Updated Dec 22, 2002)

Pros:two heat settings – 1000 and 1500 watts

Cons:carry handle is underneath

The Bottom Line: Provides quick heating in a room quietly

Here in Southern California it finally feels like winter season with the temperatures in the forties and fifties the past week or so. Before that the weather varied from needing a jacket in the morning to windows rolled down in the afternoons. We are also having rainstorms every few days making the outdoors unpredictable.

Back in early October I had called the Gas Company to turn on my heater and learned that the thermostat is not suited for the type of heater in this rental house. The serviceman showed me a technique to touch two metal keys to the bottom of the heater to turn it on. The weather did not require turning on the heater until December, at which time this was not working.

I have been purchasing fans for my home at Rite Aid for several years so figured I could find a small portable heater for my home as well. The manager pointed me to a spot in the back of the store that no one would ever know these were stored. I was so pleased with this find I raved about it to the gal at the pharmacy who also picked one up for $19.99.

This is the best type of product to buy because you can open the box and pull out the item and simply plug it in without needing a battery or complicated directions to peruse. This is a small white heater with fan measuring 9 ¾” x 7 ½” that easily fits on a wooden television table I keep a water rock fountain on. The extra large grill is for maximum output and gets hot rather quickly.

I change diapers frequently, which means washing my hands throughout the day. I was able to cool off my hands when placed in front of the heater in a few moments time. When I woke up prior to my children I plugged in the unit and turned the dial to the highest setting. A half-hour later when they came into the living room the chill was gone from the room and it was comfy for them to get dressed. In fact I prefer the lower setting, especially when I am sitting on the couch midway in the room.

The knob is located at the left hand corner of the base with no actual words on the dial but symbols for off, fan I and II for the heat selections. The power light is on the right corner with the red light on when plugged in and in operation. I unplug the unit when not in use, just to be cautious and do not keep it on when the fake tree is lit up.

The picture on this site is almost what mine is but with only the left knob. When you click on check latest prices it brings you to cornerhardware.com. This website lists the UPC code (48894301049), that happens to be the same one on the bottom of the box my Holmes® Power Heater – HFH104 is packaged in.

There is a one-year limited warranty plus the heat safe protection that is tested beyond UL standards. This means Ceramic Control guarantees heater shut-off until user resets the unit. If there is an overheat situation this will turn off on its own. I have not tested this and only use this for brief periods of time and never when not in the room or overnight. I would also not move the unit when it is plugged in and turned on. The coils in the back get red and you can see the red light on in the back.

This should not be used in a bathroom or near combustibles (at least three feet away from curtains), and avoid using with an extension cord. There is a polarized plug and a plastic fitting over the plug that needs to be removed. This is for indoor use only and not to be placed on soft surfaces like a bed or in laundry areas. If you need to reset the heater you need to wait five to ten minutes allowing for cool down and always have it in the off position when unplugged.

I prefer to use online registration for products and this can be done within ten days of purchase at http://www.prodregister.com/holmes. The Gas Company came out again the other day and now we have our heater to use as well as the Holmes® Power Heater – HFH104. This is a very lightweight unit that has the reset directions on the side for easy access. I did find the name of the product on the box confusing with the owner’s guide. This is listed as 1500 Watt Portable Power Heater. Yes it is portable because it can be picked up and carried to another room, but the box mentions a carry handle indicating something more than the little hook at the bottom.

I would start off with the lower setting of 1000 watts and then progress if needed to the higher 1500 watt. I even like the fan setting, once the room has warmed up. This is not being used in our bedrooms but the main living room because we prefer to have the ceiling fan and another fan in the bedrooms for sleeping comfort. Although the picture at most places I searched for this product show the two knobs this is the same unit. When I clicked over to https://store.holmesproducts.com/ the photo showing on this first page for heaters is the exact same item I have. Of course once you click on to view the heaters this one is nowhere to be found!

For twenty bucks this helped us through several mornings while waiting on the Gas Company to put our heater back on track. I like using the Holmes® Power Heater – HFH104 over the main heater due to the smell of the main one and this being very quiet. Since utilities are included in our rent the options for us can still be explored using one or the other when the house gets cold during the day.

Holmes Hfh441nu 1500-watt Slim Profile Heater Fan

Holmes Hfh441nu 1500-watt Slim Profile Heater Fan

Holmes Hfh441nu 1500-watt Slim Profile Heater Fan UPC: 048894674693 Mfg Part#: HFH441NU Vendor: Holmes
Holmes Hfh111tnu Desktop Heater Fan With Thermostat

Holmes Hfh111tnu Desktop Heater Fan With Thermostat

Holmes Hfh111tnu Desktop Heater Fan With Thermostat UPC: 048894675973 Mfg Part#: HFH111TNU Vendor: Holmes
Holmes Desktop Heater With Comfort Control Thermostat, Hfh111t-nu Brand

Holmes Desktop Heater With Comfort Control Thermostat, Hfh111t-nu Brand

Small foot print takes up less space. Large grill for maximum heating. Sleek design. Integrated carry handle. Fan only setting. Overheat fuse.

Holmes HFH421-U Pivoting Heater Fan

Slender design with an attractive swirl grill offers easy comfort control thermostat and two wattage settings to choose from. Gives you control for ma...
Overstock.com

Holmes 1500w Heater Fan With Alci Heater - Hfh442num

Holmes 1500w Heater Fan With Alci Heater - Hfh442num

With more than 15 years experience, Holmes is the #1 brand of electrical space heaters. Holmes continues to offer the most innovative features and new...

1 Touch Space Heater Hfh442-num

1 Touch Space Heater Hfh442-num

Holmes Heaters & Humidifiers Hfh111tu Compact Heaterfan W/thermostat

Holmes Heaters & Humidifiers Hfh111tu Compact Heaterfan W/thermostat

Holmes HFH436WGL-TG Heater Fan with Bathroom-safe Plug - White

Holmes HFH436WGL-TG Heater Fan with Bathroom-safe Plug - White

Find indoor heaters at Target.com! Keep your bathroom warm and toasty with this holmes heater fan. It's made with a bathroom-safe plug, so you don't h...