Lakewood LAK7101 Heater Reviews

Lakewood LAK7101 Heater

Lakewood Oil Filled Radiator Heater is sure to keep you warm during cold winter months

Dec 12, 2008 (Updated Dec 12, 2008)

Pros:quite; heats quickly, evenly, and reliably; three watt settings and thermostat dial; portable;

Cons:none - it is a heater so keep children and pets away

The Bottom Line: The Lakewood Oil-Filled Radiator Heater is a reliable source to heat with.  There is almost no fire hazard which makes it perfect to use during the night!

Several years ago my husband and I were renting a house.  It was the dead of winter and on one of the coldest night the heating system went kaput!  My hubby and I could have bundled up to stay warm but we had a newborn to keep warm too so we certainly couldn't have a frigid house.  Until the home-owner could have the system repaired we had to have an alternate source of heat.

In the days of cavemen my grunting hubby would have built a fire but since that wasn't a possibility he quickly went on the hunt for a heater. He returned home with the Lakewood Oil-Filled Radiator Heater which he purchased from Wal-Mart.

There are several features on the Lakewood Oil-Filled Radiator Heater (model 7101) which swayed him on this particular model.  One is how it heats by internal oil which does not have to be refilled.  He also thought it would provide a safer heat since the unit isn't considered to be a major fire hazard as some other types of heating devices.  The thermostat control and portability of the unit was also features that helped him to make the decision to purchase this particular heater.

About the Lakewood Oil Filled Radiator Heater 7101
The Lakewood 7101 is an electric oil filled radiator style heater.  There are 7 radiators total.  The unit is fairly compact and would fit in some of the smallest of rooms.  Overall it measures about 2 ft. high (floor to top of unit), approximately 1.2 ft from one end of the radiator to the other end and about 7 inches wide.  The power cord measures a little over 7ft from the base of the unit to the plug.

The body/radiators are made of bone white steel while the control panel, wheels, and base leg is plastic and the same color as the radiators.

The heater works by heating oil via internal tubular elements.  When the oil is heated the exterior radiator becomes warm.  The heater is controlled via two side by side switches which offer three different wattage settings (600w, 900w, and 1500w) and a thermostat dial (1 low - 10 high).  When the left switch (600w) is turned on an orange light will illuminate showing the unit is on.  The right switch alone will provide 900w and will light up a red-orange color.  When both buttons are on the unit will provide 1500w and the switches will simultaneously light up.  The dial is pretty self explanatory; set it on 1 or low and the heater will produce a less heat while the high setting will provide the most heat.

The oil-filled radiator is simple to transport from room to room.  The control panel has a handle so the unit can be tilted and rolled.  In general the entire unit is not extremely heavy and can be transported up/down stairs if needed.

Experience
When the heat pump broke down and my husband came home with the Lakewood heater we decided to place it in our master bedroom since that's where our daughter's bassinet was.  I was pleasantly surprised at how well the radiator unit heated up.

The unit made an initial popping/crackling noise as the oil was heated but that was the only sound the heater made.  It took a while for the heater to heat the entire room but the unit provided enough heat to keep us warm throughout the night.

We have owned the Lakewood Oil-Filled Radiator Heater for almost 6 years.  We do not use the heater consistently during the cold months but when we do utilize it still heats reliably.  One of the coldest rooms in our new house is our home office which is approximately 13 x 13 in size.  Now that the cold weather has arrived the heater stays in the office.  On extremely cold days I turn it on the 1500w and high setting.  This setting is uncomfortable for my hubby but I am very cold natured so it is quite pleasant to me.  The entire room is heated and quickly and effectively.  Even after the unit is turned off it will still radiate heat for several minutes.

I don't have complaints about the Lakewood Oil-Filled Radiator Heater.  However something to keep in mind is the unit does get very hot when set at the highest temperature settings, but it is a heater after all - it's supposed to get hot.    Therefore children and pets need to be kept away or they could potentially get burned if they touch the radiators.  Our daughter is now 6 years old and over the years we have taught her to stay away.  We have used the heater when are in the room which the heater is in and we do not leave the heater and/or our daughter unsupervised.  Another thing to keep in mind is wherever the heater is placed it needs to be at least 3 feet away from furniture.

I highly recommend the Lakewood Oil-Filled Radiator Heater to anyone who needs to heat a room or a small apartment.  It will certainly keep you toasty warm on the coldest of days and nights.

Thank you for reading my review of the Lakewood Oil-Filled Radiator model 7101.

For more information on Lakewood Heaters you can visit http://www.lakewoodeng.com/.

Mr. Heater Mh4b Portable Propane Little Buddy Heater

Mr. Heater Mh4b Portable Propane Little Buddy Heater

Mr. Heater MH9B is a portable heater that delivers 4000-9000 BTU of heat. This Mr. Heater radiant heater is ideal for chilly garages, tents, patios, p...

Mr. Heater Buddy and Big Buddy Carry Bags

Mr. Heater Buddy and Big Buddy Carry Bags

The Mr. Heater Buddy and Big Buddy Carry Bags makes it easy to tote your propane heaters. Durable, 600-denier polyester construction holds a heater, f...
Cabela's

Dr Infrared Heater USA DR968 Dr Heater 1500W Dual System Portable Quartz Infrared Heater

Mr. Heater Buddy Heater

Mr. Heater Buddy Heater

The Mr. Heater Buddy heater is ideal for use in your garage, large tent, patio, or for emergency use. This indoor/outdoor heater is easy to start, wit...
Dick's Sporting Goods

AZ Patio Heater Portable Black and Stainless Steel Tabletop Heater - HLDS032-BSS

Shop for Patio Heaters from Hayneedle.com! Elevate your outdoor decor with the ultra-modern AZ Patio Heater Portable Black and Stainless Steel Tableto...
Hayneedle

Mr. Heater Big Buddy Propane Heater   64858

Mr. Heater Big Buddy Propane Heater 64858

Big Buddy Propane Heaters have 3 settings; low= 4,000btus; med= 9,000btus; high= 18,000btusPowerful 18,000 BTU/hr portable heater Heats up to 400 squa...
Bass Pro Shops

Mr. Heater Big Buddy Propane Heater Mh18b - 18000 Btu

Mr. Heater Big Buddy Propane Heater Mh18b - 18000 Btu

Mr. Heater Big Buddy Propane Heater MH 18B - 18000 BTU Portable Propane heater 18,000 Btu/hr. uilt in tip over switch.Heats up to 400 sq ft for 3-12 ...
Global Industrial
Dr. Infrared Heater Elite Series 1,500 Watt Infrared Cabinet Space Heater with Humidifier DR998

Dr. Infrared Heater DR998 Features: -Dual heating system quartz tube + PTC.-Lifetime filter can be removed easily and cleaned (Does not Include water ...
Wayfair

Mr. Heater Heater. Tag-A-Long 8,000 BTU Radiant Propane Gas Portable Heater RMC-8001SS

Shop for Heating, Venting & Cooling at The Home Depot. The Mr. Heater Tag-A-Long 8,000 BTU Portable Radiant Heater has 2 heat settings to deliver 4,50...
Home Depot

AZ Patio Heaters Tall Propane Patio Heater HLDS01-W-CG / HLDS01-W-CB Finish: Bronze

AZ Patio Heaters HLDS01-W-CG / HLDS01-W-CB When the cool evenings come, don't stop your outdoor activity. This outdoor propane heater is all that you...
Wayfair Supply