Hoover U5453-900 WindTunnel Supreme Upright Cleaner Reviews

Hoover U5453-900 WindTunnel Supreme Upright Cleaner

Upright hoover bagged windtunnel vacuum

Oct 17, 2007
Rated Show

Pros:excellent vacuum capabilities for wall to wall carpeting and floors.

Cons:Too difficult to transfer new rubber band to machine

I bought the vacuum about 2 years ago and have liked its operation very much inspite of its noise and weight. Mine is self-propelled and I don't have a lot of stairs to vacuum though the accessories can take care of that kind of cleaning. However, I made the mistake of never changing the height and sometimes going over a small area rug, it would get caught and have to be pulled out. Doing this repeated puts wear on the large rubber band that does the propelling.
I tried calling the help line all day and it was constantly busy. The instructions just says "with great effort" you must put on a new band. It was impossible for us poor mortals. I researched on the internet but couldn't find any 'smart' way to do it. Finally I took it to a repair shop and yes "with great effort" he used his thumbs to move it on. This is a real design flaw. It's not user friendly to an average, in good health housewife.

Amount Paid (US$): 250.

12 amps Hepa media bag Embedded dirt finder 31 ft. cord 5 position height adjustment Headlight Edge cleaning bristles Filter bag check indicato...
Ace Hardware