Kirby Heritage II Canister Cleaner Reviews

Kirby Heritage II Canister Cleaner

Built-in Durability

Mar 2, 2012

Pros:Made in the USA!!! Quality components. Very good suction. Easy to adjust beater-bar height.

Cons:Heavy if you are required to lift the vacuum off the floor.

The Bottom Line: Built to last. Abundant easy-to-find parts should they ever be needed.

My previous vacuum cleaner was bought used from a thrift store. A mere $12 bought a 1960s era Eureka with mostly metal components.

I still use it and it does a very good job of vacuuming.

As time marched on I was given newer vacuums for various reasons. Newer styles with plastics the major "ingredient."

All of these "new/improved" supposedly wonderful vacuums where short-lived.

Falling apart or self-destructing and none performed well.

Notably, none were built within the USA.

Junk, they were!!!

In the meantime, my old Eureka is akin to a drum-beating bunny... it keeps going and going. And, it was made in the USA. Proof to me of superior workmanship and materials.

Then, while poking around a new-to-me thrift store after moving to a different state, what do I see?

A Kirby.

A Heritage II Kirby (Heritage 2)

I suppose there was at one time a Heritage predecessor to evolve into a "2" series but that is trivial.

The vacuum's appearance told me it had been well taken care of.

Pride of ownership was obvious by its like-new appearance.

Plugging the handy lengthy cord into the wall where the electricity lives I pressed down upon the switch intended for foot operation and the machine semi-roared to life.

Using the easily-used height adjuster, also floor operated, it was easy to adjust the rotating beater bar to the optimum operating elevation.

Oh my!!!

The suction was more than adequate and the beater bar was obviously beating the close-cropped low-height carpet in the thrift store.

At first I wondered if there was a transport mechanism creating a self-propelled machine but... nope.

It was merely the beater bar performing so well it acted akin to a self-propelled vacuum I had tested in the past at a high-end vacuum store.

Pulling the Kirb backwards requires no extra effort on my part so the slight "pulling forward" effect i sensed is not a detriment.

Looking closer I saw the $20 price written on this Kirby so with not thought, I proudly pushed it to the Clerk and bought it.

The Kirby IS heavier than most so-called modern vacuums but that is due to metal being used, even in components newer machines use plastic to make.

For general principles I took my new-to-me Kirby to a local vacuum shop owned and operated by a long-time vacuum tach.

He inspected it, cleaned it, and sold me some affordable bags and a new belt I requested (I like to be prepared for possible eventualities).

The vacuum pro told me the Kirby was safe in every way (no internal electrical shorts or any defects that could harm me or the machine).

He was impressed at its cleanliness and how good it loked, just as I was, and I was told I had found an outstanding deal and that the Kirby would likely outlive me, my kids and even grand kids as long as the vacuum was not abused.

Abused as in do not be too lazy to pick up larger metal or hard objects such as coins, etc. while vacuuming.  But that is true for all vacuums.

It has been almost a year since my used-Kirby purchase and I am still happy :)

No!!! Let me up-rate to the ecstatic level.

I am a vacuum aficionado due to vacuums cleaning abilities and ridding a home from unwanted debris and pollutants.

I am a 3-vacuum guy; the Eureka, my beloved Kirby and a shop-vacuum style used for the BIG debris such as those coins mentioned... and for cob webs etc.

(1) Kirby Vacuum Cleaner Belt, 301291, Sentria Ultimate Heritage G3 G4 G5 G6 ++

(1) Kirby Vacuum Cleaner Belt, 301291, Sentria Ultimate Heritage G3 G4 G5 G6 ++

NEW FACTORY BELT !ONE (1) KIRBY VACUUM CLEANER BELT 301291 ONE OF THOUSANDS OF ITEMS AVAILABLE IN OUR EBAY STORE! BUY MORE AND SHIP ITEMS TOGETHER. MA...

Kirby Heritage Legend Ii Vacuum Cleaner Fan Impeller 516 Replacement Kit 119078a

Kirby Heritage Legend II Vacuum Cleaner Fan Impeller 516 Replacement Kit 119078A Product Description Replacement Kirby vacuum cleaner fan kit includes...

Kirby Style 3 HERITAGE II Vacuum Bags - 3 Pack

Kirby Style 3 HERITAGE II Vacuum Bags - 3 Pack

Replaces Kirby part #190684S Fits Models :Kirby HERITAGE II, LEGEND AND LEGEND II vacuum cleaners Quantity Per Package: 3
EZVacuum.com

Kirby Vacuum Bags - Style 3 (heritage Ii, Legend & Legend Ii) - 2 Bags Of 3

Kirby Vacuum Bags - Style 3 (heritage Ii, Legend & Legend Ii) - 2 Bags Of 3

6 Total Bags I'm putting many household items up for sale.Most items will be shipped Standard Post from the USPS with tracking. If you want more than ...

(9)kirby Heritage Ii Series Vacuum Cleaner Sweeper Bags

(9)kirby Heritage Ii Series Vacuum Cleaner Sweeper Bags

Newly Listed Ending Soon About Me MyWorld Guides Reviews Listings Feedback Contact Us Enter your search keyword in titles description Categorires Kitc...

Kirby Vacuum Cleaner Electric Power Cord Heritage, Heritage Ii / Legend I & Ii B

Black 110 volt 32.5 foot long cord will fit the Heritage, Heritage II, Legend I, and the Legend II. Kirby no longer makes the Grey Heritage cord. All ...

Kirby Heritage Ii Vacuum Cleaner Handle 173384s

Kirby Heritage Ii Vacuum Cleaner Handle 173384s

Kirby Heritage II Upright Vacuum Cleaner Handle Grip,Black Plastic Genuine Kirby Part 173384 173384S K-173384 49-6361-62

Kirby Heritage Ii Power Cord, 32 Foot, Color Black, Will Also Fit Heritage I,...

Kirby Heritage II Power Cord, 32 foot, color black, will also fit Heritage I, Legend I II, Original Kirby Cord, Kirby Part Number K-192084 Product Det...

Kirby Heritage ll, Legend Generation 3 vacuum cleaner bags- 9 Pack

Kirby Heritage ll, Legend Generation 3 vacuum cleaner bags- 9 Pack

Kirby Disposable Peper Bags Style 3 G3. Fits Models: all Heritage ll, Legend and Generation 3 Kirby 2HD, Heritage 2 Legend, Legend 2 Quantity Per Pack...
EZVacuum.com

Kirby Heritage Ii Vacuum Cleaner Power Cord K-192084

Kirby Heritage Ii Vacuum Cleaner Power Cord K-192084

Kirby Heritage II Upright Vacuum Cleaner Power Cord. Black In Color. 49-5815-62 K-192084 Check out my other items !