Kenmore Elite 20972 Washing Machine

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

Kenmore Elite 110.24962300

May 26, 2007 (Updated May 26, 2007)
Rated Show
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:Nice LOOKING machine, washes 'okay', bit larger than normal washing tub, wide array of controls

Cons:Noisy, only washes clothes 'okay', spendy upkeep & Sears isn't fun to deal with.

Pretty sure this one's mine, based on the picture. LOOK OUT FOLKS. I've had extremely bad luck with the water pump. First time it failed, it was just off the warranty and I ended up paying for a $200 service contract to get the $50 pump replaced. A little over a year later it failed again - another $50 pump (same part) and Sears offered another $200 service contract but this time when the service guy showed, he indicated that I couldn't do the service contract NOW, it had to be done over the phone when ordering service. To get my washer going, I gave him the go-ahead and paid $228 to get the pump replaced and he on his way.

This machine eats $200 dollar bills approximately every 14 months after service agreements expire where my last set went over 10 years with no problems - pretty frustrating.
Plan on keeping up your service contracts on Kenmore washers (well over $100 annually).

Kenmore Elite 4.0 cu. ft. Front-Load Steam Washer - White 4.0 cu.ft. - 4.5 cu.ft.

Kenmore Elite 4.0 Front-Load Washer - Easy on Clothes Offering 4.0 cu. ft. of capacity, this Kenmore Elite steam washer 4147 protects clothing during ...

Kenmore Elite 4.3 cu. ft. Steam Front-Load Washer w/ Reversible Door - White 4.0 cu.ft. - 4.5 cu.ft.

Kenmore Elite 4.3 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer - Smarter Clean The Kenmore Elite front-load washer 4110 helps you get fresher and cleaner laundry every t...