Brinkmann Smoke 'n Grill 810-5305-S Charcoal Reviews

Brinkmann Smoke 'n Grill 810-5305-S Charcoal

Brinkmann Smoke'N Grill Stainless Steel Double-Grill

Sep 24, 2000 (Updated Aug 20, 2001)

Pros:Heavy duty, Won't rust, great heat control, holds more than most

Cons:pricey, heavy to move from one spot to another

Turkeys, chickens and hams, I smoke them all.

I really started getting into this back in 1989. I bought my first smoker then and though it was cheap and limited in its capabilities, it still did a fine job and served as a teaching tool for me and my "injected turkey" escapades.

It took me a few years (4) to realize that there was bigger and better smokers on the market that would further enhance my apricot, peach, blackberry turkey's moistness and cooking time. That is when I went on my journey down the charcoal road to smoker/grill never never land.

That is when I found it! This stainless steel gem. With porcelain coated pans and quality racks this silver beauty proved to be just what I had dreamed of.

Never before had I imagined being able to load so much meat onto a grill at one time. This one will hold between 40 to 50 pounds of meat. (Depending on how you cut it and place it on the grill).

The temperature gauge is very accurate and will not fool you into thinking your goods are smoking at just the right temperature when in reality, things are not doing so well inside the grill. Burnt meat on the outside and raw on the inside. If this one says it is cooking at a normal or desired temperature, you can rest assured that is exactly what it is doing. Perfect every time, given your a good cook yourself and know what your doing.

Tere are two levels included (as with most), but with more room than the others. I usually will put the big stuff such as my turkey on the lower rack and my smaller, thinner items on the top. I have been know to smoke a roast and if you have never tried that, then you do not know what you are missing. Scrumptious and juicy and a flavor like no other.

The average time for me to smoke a turkey is about 12 hours, depending on how much time I have to keep an eye on it. Set at lower temps and you can let it smoke all night long, up to 16 hours and not have to worry about the coals going out or your meat charring.

Smoking a ham on the Brinkmann is a breeze and probably one of the most simple to do. Since most are already pre-cooked (which I would suggest for beginners), cooking time is about 4 to 5 hours and nearly fool-proof. I would try this one first if you are new to the smoking world.

Clean-up is next to nil with the Brinkmann. As I said before, porcelain coated pans make this an easy chore. Most mild soaps and water will do this in a flash. A word of advice here. Try not to leave your pans dirty. Clean them after every smoke. You will get carbon build up that can prove to be next to impossible to get off after a period of time. You can use a small wire brush on the racks (such as a welders brush) or a regular grill brush. I don't ever use oven cleaners. Since I clean them up after each use I really do not have a need to.

The Brinkmann Stainless Steel Double-Grill Charcoal Smoker and Grill can be expensive, if you compare it with the ones you see every where, that usually runs you about $40.00 bucks. But even with the average $180 to $240 (depending on where you purchase it) price tag, I feel it is a wise investment for the serious smoker person. If you are someone that might smoke something once a year, then I would not suggest such an extravagance. But for someone like me, it is just what the outdoor cook ordered.

I definitely highly recommend this Brinkmann grill to anyone who loves to cook outdoors. Though expensive, given the fact that it is made from stainless steel, I feel it will last a lifetime, thus saving you money in the long run. With the everyday smokers you will replace them about every 2 years. They will rust and fall apart. But this one is very sturdy and rust proof. Go for it. You only live once and I live and love to smoke.

Thank you for reading and rating ~~~~ God Bless

BRINKMANN Smoke'N Grill Stainless Steel Electric Value Pack BRINKMANN Smoke'N Grill Stainless Steel Electric Smoker Value Pack. Stainless steel double...