Weber One Touch Silver Charcoal Grill Reviews

Weber One Touch Silver Charcoal Grill

Free Shipping Home Depot
Free Shipping Abt Electronics
Free Shipping Target

The Silver model is very messy...Go for the Gold!

Mar 6, 2007 (Updated Mar 6, 2007)
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:Large surface area, Great Weber quality

Cons:Ash-Cather doesn't catch a thing!

The Bottom Line: The grill itself works like a dream, but you and everything around you will be covered in ash because the ash-catcher doesn't catch anything. Get the GOLD model.

With all the previous positive reviews, I decided to give the Weber One-Touch Silver 22.5" grill (my first charcoal one) a try because it was comparatively much cheaper than the Gold model. We had a brand new gas Weber Genesis Silver B which my in-laws borrowed and never gave back, so we wanted to get another Weber branded grill. We figured we couldn't go wrong. Oh boy was I mistaken!

Anyway, the Weber One-Touch Silver model is overpriced and not worth anywhere close to $80-$100. You have to figure that most kettle grills work about the same...the only difference is the quality of construction and durability. Obviously, Webers will probably outlast all of the cheaper brands, and that's one of the major reasons we chose this grill. It cooks well, especially when you just use the chimney starter to light your charcoal. Temperature control is easy with the vents. Grilling surface is large and can accommodate a large BBQ party. Overall, it is a good functioning grill.

However, this particular model (22 1/2" Silver) has a major flaw, which is the basis of my not-so-great review. The major complaint here is that the "ash-catcher" doesn't catch anything because ash doesn't fall straight down into the catcher...especially if there is even a tiny bit of wind blowing. We had ash flying everywhere! My patio, screen door, clothes, hair, guests, etc. were all covered in ash!!! It was a big mess! They might as well not even have the catcher there because it doesn't do anything. Unless you like cleaning or have a gigantic yard, stay away from the Silver model of the kettle grill.

We have since returned the Silver model and purchased the Gold model. We had to pay an extra $50 for the Gold model with an ash-catcher that actually catches the ash. But at least my patio and my guests aren't covered in ash anymore! Sigh!

Aluminized Steel One-Touch Cleaning System/ No-Rust Aluminum Vent And Ash Catcher/ Triple-Nikel-Plated Cooking Grate/ Black Finish/ Assembly Required
Abt Electronics
Shop for Grills & Grill Accessories at The Home Depot. The Weber One-Touch Silver Charcoal Kettle Grill is designed to help provide long-lasting outdo...
Home Depot

Find grills, smokers and fryers at Target.com! The weber one-touch silver charcoal grill has a generous, 18.5-inch-diameter cooking area. It has a ste...
Shop for Grills & Grill Accessories at The Home Depot. Featuring a black color and a classic profile design, the Weber One-Touch Silver Charcoal Kettl...
Home Depot
Find grills, smokers and fryers at Target.com! Grill up your favorite recipes for the next outdoor party with the weber 1-touch charcoal grill. It's 2...