Weber Smokey Mountain Charcoal Smoker Reviews

Weber Smokey Mountain Charcoal Smoker

Free Shipping Hayneedle
Free Shipping Walmart.com
Free Shipping Hayneedle

It's true -- smoking is addictive, and I'm hooked.

Aug 2, 2005

Pros:Excellent overall construction, ability to hold heat for long periods, made by Weber.

Cons:Water pan difficult to use, no work surface, no built-in thermometer.

The Bottom Line: Smoking meat really brings out the flavor, and the WSM is the best smoker out there. It's well made, pretty easy to use, and it's a Weber!

I got my Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker (WSM) about a month ago from Dickson Supply (http://www.dicksonsupply.com). This is the third Weber product that I own, and I am a customer for life. After I bought my first Weber, a Smokey Joe, I sent in my registration card, not expecting anything in particular. But about a month later, I got a welcome package from Weber, and began receiving their excellent newsletter full of good recipes. I'm still getting it over 8 years later.

Anyway, at this point, I've smoked a couple of racks of spareribs and baby backs, and many dozens of chicken drumsticks in the WSM. Smoking meat over low heat (225 - 250 degrees) really enhances the flavor. I just use a rub made of equal parts black pepper, kosher salt, paprika, and brown suger, and the smoker (with some hickory chunks thrown in) does the rest.

The construction is typical Weber -- heavy gauge sheetmetal, everything fit properly, etc. The aluminum door and vents are a little flimsy, but are easily bent back into shape if necessary. As others have mentioned, the water pan is a little tricky to put into place and to fill. I wish it had come with a thermometer built in. But really, the overall quality is very high.

Keep in mind, this is smoking, so it takes a long time. No instant gratification here. But the flavor is so amazing, I'm almost ready to give up my regular grill. I highly recommend the WSM.

The Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker offers the ideal size for those smoking food for smaller gatherings and get-togethers. Use it in your own backyard or...
Shop for Smokers from Hayneedle.com! Nothing is better than great smoke meats and fish and here is your Weber smoker to help you do that. This oversiz...
Hayneedle
Shop for Outdoors at The Home Depot. The Weber 22-1/2 in. Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker can be used to slow cook roasts, turkeys, hams, and whole fish...
Home Depot