ABF U-Pack Moving

Great customer service, terrible website

Jun 22, 2012
Not yet rated

• Customer Service Experience:

Pros:Great price, top-notch customer service.  Convenient.

Cons:Lousy website.

The Bottom Line: Cheapest and most convenient option for a small move.

Be sure to check on a lot of cheaper options: booking online, USPS coupon codes, and most importantly, the center-to-center option (you can make multiple trips or rent a local u-haul).  For many moves, the center-to-center option is much better than the door-to-door.

My move from Illinois to North Carolina was only $382, and they arrived early (loaded Thursday, unloaded Monday - estimated time was Wednesday!).

As a student, I didn't have much to move.  I only ended up using <1/6th of my allotted space, but it was still the cheapest and most convenient option.  I considered U-Hauling and shipping, but those are both expensive, inconvenient, and not as safe (i.e. trailering), in my opinion.  I didn't have to worry about throwing out things, playing Tetris with my car - having the space meant I could ship a lot of things a lot of people would otherwise decide to rebuy (e.g. clothes hangers).  In my mind, every item I didn't need to discard was saved money.

While the website is difficult to navigate, calling customer service was superb.  They were very polite, and more practically extremely flexible: 1. they allowed me to reserve a spot with the 7-day cancellation penalty waived 2. they applied the online and coupon code discount even though I didn't have it with my initial quote.

The ABF staff on site were also polite and helpful.

Be sure to pack things well!  Things did shuffle, and one of my storage boxes did get damaged, but it was my own fault.  It is also to have at least one other person to put up the bulkhead.  But I removed it on my own, and any other packing was otherwise done by myself.

Punctuality: Showed up early
Ease of Filing Claim: N/A
Lost Goods: No

Adams ABF1200ABF Sales Book, 2 Part, Carbon Interleaved, 3 Per Pack, 48 Packs Per Carton

Adams 1200ABF Sales Book, 2 Part, Carbon Interleaved, 3 Per Pack, 48 Packs Per Carton 2 part sales book, with carbon, contains 50 sets. Consecutively ...

Lot Of 2 Adams Abf947swc 2 Part Guest Check Carbonless 250 Pack Restaurant

Lot Of 2 Adams Abf947swc 2 Part Guest Check Carbonless 250 Pack Restaurant

Lot Of 2 Adams ABF947SWC 2 Part Guest Check Carbonless 250 Pack Restaurant One pack slightly opened but contents are there.FREE SHIPPING

Adams ABF9287ABF Employees Personnel File Folder, 20 Forms Per Pack, 10 Packs Per Carton

Adams 9287ABF Employees Personnel File Folder, 20 Forms Per Pack, 10 Packs Per Carton The employee personnel file folder is complete with space for em...

S1185ABF Activity Log, spiral bound, 50 PG

S1185ABF Activity Log, spiral bound, 50 PG

Adams S1185ABF Activity Log, spiral bound, 50 PG
Adams ABF9053ABF Invoice Unit Set, 3 Part, Carbonless, 50 Per Pack, 8 Packs Per Carton

Adams 9053ABF Invoice Unit Set, 3 Part, Carbonless, 50 Per Pack, 8 Packs Per Carton Invoice unit set is a 3-part carbonless (white, canary, pink paper...
OfficeSuperSavers

Adams ABF9616ABF Weekly Time Cards, White Index Bristol, 100 Cards Per Pack, 30 Packs Per Carton

Adams 9616ABF Weekly Time Cards, White Index Bristol, 100 Cards Per Pack, 30 Packs Per Carton Employers / Employees that need to keep track of hours w...

3 Packing Tape Dispenser W/ Adjustable Brake - Cushion Handle - 2143 Abf /38c/

3 Packing Tape Dispenser W/ Adjustable Brake - Cushion Handle - 2143 Abf /38c/

Packing Tape Dispenser 3New Free Shipping USPS Priority Mail Cushioned Pistol Grip Adjustable Brake

Adams ABF525SW Guest Check Pads, 10 Per Pack, 5 Packs Per Carton

Adams ABF525SW Guest Check Pads, 10 Per Pack, 5 Packs Per Carton

Adams 525SW Guest Check Pads, 10 Per Pack, 5 Packs Per Carton Single part, printed on white tag. 50 sheets per pad, 10 pads per package. Consecutive n...

Adams Business Forms Job Folder (Set of 6) ABF9294E

Adams Business Forms Job Folder (Set of 6) ABF9294E

Adams Business Forms ABF9294E The Adams job folder is pre-printed on the front to record important summary data, including description and job costs....
Wayfair Supply