Mayflower

Moving Successfully with Mayflower

Mar 23, 2003

• Customer Service Experience:
  • Ease of Filing Claim:

Pros:Best price, professional, arrived and delivered on time

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: I highly recommend Mayflower due to their punctuality carefulness, and accuracy of quoting.

Moving is a word that no one likes to think about. But, we had to move our household and our business from one state to another.

Deciding on a Moving Company

The first assignment was to line up a moving company. I learned that all of the moving companies were agents of the big boys, which is why you will normally see another name along with the big name on the moving van. I also learned quickly not to take estimates over the phone but to have the moving companies come out and physically look at both our business and our home belongings to give us their not to exceed quote in writing.

The price is based on weight, dimensions, and distance to where you are moving to.

Some moving companies would not pin point when we would receive our goods, while others did not want to be bothered by physically coming out to our home and business.

I asked a lot of questions and got the important answers in writing, signed by the agent.

Buying the Insurance or Not

Reading over the insurance that was automatically provided by the moving companies which is in the fine print, will not cover your belongings as you will see it goes by a certain amount of cents pound. Therefore, if you have a 40 pound object that is valued at $200 and the insurance is .40 per pound, you will received a whopping $16.

We bought the extra insurance not only because of an individual piece getting broken but if the whole truck got into an accident you would still only get the small amount of cents per pound without taking the additional insurance.

The Final Hiring

The quotes from all the moving companies varied greatly. I decided to go with the most accurate estimate that I read over and the most helpful agent, which was Mayflower.

Mayflower gave us an option whether for them to pack or us to pack. I chose for us to pack because not only is it cheaper, but I know I will pack it well and would know what box to tackle unpacking first.

Moving Day

Mayflower arrived in their big van at our business on time and loaded everything before going to our home. The workers came with stickers and inventory sheets. They placed a sticker on each object or box and placed it on their inventory sheet.

Our business had a lot of heavy machinery and fragile test equipment, but Mayflower got both places loaded in a day and took off at 4:30 in the afternoon to the nearest weigh station to get the weight of our belongings in writing which was part of what our price was based on. It did take the whole large semi-truck van for both of our places.

Arrival Day

We were informed that it would take them 3 days for the drive to our destination. They arrived exactly on time early in the morning at our home and had everything in our house by noon. The workers would ask us what room we wanted each item in if we hadn't marked the box or belonging already as such. Inspection was taken and nothing was broken.

Next they went immediately to our business building. After inspection, we discovered one office desk was chipped and they immediately wrote us a check to cover the damages of it.

Final Price

The final price of Mayflower was a few hundred lower than our estimate so that was really good news.

Final Thoughts

Our experience with Mayflower was excellent, thank goodness, because the move itself was enough to make one never want to move again.

I was glad that we bought the extra insurance because we noted that the movers seemed to be extra careful with our belongings (probably because they knew they would have to pay for damages) and the claim we did have was immediately resolved.

Happy moving to you and I hope you have as good as luck as we did.

Punctuality: Showed up on time
Lost Goods: No

Handcrafted Model Ships Mayflower Limited Model Ship mayflower14-limited

Handcrafted Model Ships Mayflower Limited Model Ship mayflower14-limited

Handcrafted Model Ships mayflower14-limited Perfectly sized for any small shelf, desk or mantle, these fine tall ship models of the Mayflower are his...

Mayflower Distributing Angry Bird Black Bird 23 Foil Balloon

Mayflower Distributing Angry Bird Black Bird 23 Foil Balloon

Mayflower Distributing Angry Bird Black Bird 23 Foil Balloon Features 24 Black Angry Bird shaped foil balloon Details Brand: Mayflower Distributing Co...

Mayflower R&c Quad Chest Rig

Mayflower R&c Quad Chest Rig

Mayflower R C Quad Chest Rig Mayflower 164.50 EM Gear: $125.00 The Quad 5.56 Chest Rig, QD is a low-profile chest rig built with maximum flexibility a...
Mayflower Celebration 7-inch Plates

Mayflower Celebration 7-inch Plates

Elegant Party supplies for your special occasion.
PartyAtLewis.com
Handcrafted Model Ships Mayflower Model Ship Mayflower-7

Handcrafted Model Ships Mayflower Model Ship Mayflower-7

Handcrafted Model Ships Mayflower-7 The famed Mayflower, which carried the Pilgrims to Jamestown in 1620, is recreated here in an enchanting tall shi...

Candy Necklace Mayflower Distributing

Candy Necklace Mayflower Distributing

Candy Necklace Includes candy necklace. - 224296
Birthday Express

Mayflower Trucking Sew-on Patch Embroidery 4x1

Mayflower Trucking Sew-on Patch Embroidery 4x1

ONE EMBROIDERY MAYFLOWER TRUCKING PATCH SEW ON PATCH MEASURES 4 BY 1 PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR MORE OR IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ASSORTMENT OF PATCHES THAN...

Mayflower R&c Swiftclip Kit

Mayflower R&c Swiftclip Kit

Mayflower R C SwiftClip Kit Mayflower $20.00 EM Gear: See listing details The SwiftClip Kit is designed to mate Mayflower R C Chest Rigs to our variou...
Mayflower Celebration Dinner Napkins

Mayflower Celebration Dinner Napkins

Elegant Party supplies for your special occasion.
PartyAtLewis.com
Handcrafted Model Ships Mayflower Model Ship Mayflower 14

Handcrafted Model Ships Mayflower Model Ship Mayflower 14

Handcrafted Model Ships Mayflower 14 Inspired by the famous cargo ship that brought the original Pilgrim settlers to Plymouth Rock in New England, th...