Janome Memory Craft 9000 Computerized Sewing Machine Reviews

Janome Memory Craft 9000 Computerized Sewing Machine

A Wonderful Machine

Aug 22, 2000

Pros:Wondeful

Cons:none

The Janome Memory Craft 9000 Sewing/Embroidery Machine looks like a regular sewing machine and has all the features of a regular sewing machine---PLUS... It has a carrying case to make transport easy.

Learning to use this machine takes a little while as it has so much to offer. I started by learning the basic sewing actions. Threading, bobbin winding. Setting dials, switches and buttons have specific functions for automatic sewing. This all sounds a little confusing, but if you have used a sewing machine before this will come to you quickly.

For the quilter, there is a patchwork/quilting mod built in. It has 6 patterns and will calculate the size and number of pieces you will need. There is an angle scale on the needle plate to eliminate basting. Other features of the patchwork are the memory, same length stitch and a walking foot for outline or ditch stitching.

After I had mastered the basics I went to the Embroidery section. This took a little more time to learn, as I had never used this type machine before, but I had seen it work so I knew what to expect. I was not disappointed.

It comes with 2 hoops, rectangle and round, 2 memory cards with many patterns and alphabets. There are many built-in patterns for borders and monograms that can be combined for lovely embroidery work. Other memory cards are available for $99.00 each.

The hoops are attached to an extension arm and once set up the machine embroiders, automatically. You just sit and watch. The threads have to be handled individually, but once you have done this several times it becomes easier and less time consuming. Like most things, the more you use it the more proficient you become.

I must add, that the instruction book that comes with the unit is very explicit. It is also possible to purchase a larger book of instructions with more details. Nice idea.

It is an expensive machine. I paid $2690.00, with trade-in. Regular $3600.00 without trade-in. I have had my machine over a year now and still marvel at all the wonder things it can do.

If you are in the market for this type machine, go to your local Janome dealer and ask for a demonstration. You'll be very impressed.

SewingMachineOutlet.com Authorized Dealer Since 1949 Feel Free to Call Anytime!ask for Sammy 1-800-487-7397 Janome Memory Card #122 Gobelin Stitch Des...