Singer Quantum XL-1000 Computerized Sewing Machine Reviews

Singer Quantum XL-1000 Computerized Sewing Machine

Singer XL-1000

Jun 7, 2002

Pros:Perfect quality stitches (regular sewing)

Cons:Poorly written manual, less clear embroidery displays

The Bottom Line: Recommend without hesitation for sewing and embroidery.

I love the Singer XL-1000. I bought the machine after being initially discouraged about Singer, the XL-1000, and just about anything else you might imagine. I have a Viking D1, and I briefly had a Babylock Ese, so I am somewhat familiar with different brands of sewing/embroidery machines.

The reason I love the XL-1000 is because of the PERFECT stitch quality (regular sewing). This is my favorite machine to use for topstitching. The XL-1000 is pretty easy to use, although the manual is awful. The XL-1000 is always ready to go, and performs well.

The quality of the XL-1000's embroidery seems better on a consistent basis than the Babylock's, and as good as the D1 (I think the largest single-hooping embroidery fields are about the same). Embroidering is easier on the D1, and I think also the Ese. The XL-1000's touchscreen pictures can be confusing as to which step you are CURRENTLY on. I have had some problems with that, but found that using an egg carton as a thread "stager" helps.

On the other hand, I like the built-in embroidery fonts and designs. The XL-1000 includes built-in fonts for both regular sewing and embroidery, and built-in embroidery designs. My favorite built-in design set is the MONOGRAMS. These are very easy to set up and look terrific. I just gave my mother a purse/tote that I embellished with one of the built-in monograms. You can do a lot of design editing on the XL-1000.

The XL-1000 has been a reliable performer. I've run the machine for nearly nine months without any problems.

I like the XL-1000 for both sewing and embroidery. The quality is super. . .I can't think of anything I've done with the XL-1000 that turned out poorly, from buttonholes to zippers to embroidery.

Thanks for Looking Singer Needle plate # 387043 fits Quantum Models XL-1000, XL-150, XL-100 We are a Full SERVICE Sewing Machine and Vacuum Cleaner St...