-25%
Chef's Choice 838-SE Waffle Maker Reviews

Chef's Choice 838-SE Waffle Maker

Free Shipping Hayneedle
Free Shipping Hayneedle

Great for homemade waffle cones

Jul 23, 2002 (Updated Jul 24, 2002)

Pros:Easy to use, Easy to clean

Cons:Cool down is a bit slow

The Bottom Line: Definitely would recommend. Small in size, easy to store, easy to use, easy to clean... I wish all my other products would store this way!

I just purchased my very first waffle cone maker this weekend and I must say that it is quite easy to use! The griddle itself is non-stick, however it is recommended to use a little bit of vegetable oil spray when you use it.

It's small in size (a few inches smaller than a 9" plate) so very convenient to store. It is silver & black in color. The bottom has hooks so that you can wrap the cord alongside the bottom of the device.

The Waffle Maker by Chef's Choice comes with the waffle cone iron, ac adaptor and plastic cone roller, directions as well as a couple of recipes. Recipes it come with are for a Gourmet Waffle Cone (buttery), Elegant Waffle Cone (lighter and more delicate than gourmet cone) and Chocolate Waffle Cones. Settings go from 1-5 on the maker, this allows you to control how long you would like to bake the waffle cone for. There is also an indicator light, one red (to show that it is baking) and green (to show the waffle cone is ready).

Ease of use: a child can use this! Basically all you need to do is plug the waffle cone maker in, adjust the temperature settings to your liking.. (I usually set mine at 2 1/2 - 3 so that the waffle comes out to a golden brown.) Scoop a little bit less that 1/4 cup of batter into the waffle cone maker, close the lid, lock it and wait for the green light to come on to tell you that it is done. Usually takes approx 1 1/2 minutes at a 2 1/2 - 3 setting.

The plastic cone roller really comes in handy as well. You would use this once the waffle cone is ready and still pliable to touch. Wrap the pastry around the cone and voila! Instant waffle cone! They taste pretty awesome too!

Clean up: Very easy! all you need is a wet cloth and you just wipe down the griddle. Easy as 1,2,3!

I'd definitely recommend this product!

Shop for Replacement Parts from Hayneedle.com! About EdgeCraftCommitted to serving customers with reliable quality products, EdgeCraft continues to in...
Hayneedle

Hayneedle
Chef?s Choice 838-SE WaffleCone Express Ice-Cream-Cone Maker
Chef?s Choice 838-SE WaffleCone Express Ice-Cream-Cone Maker - Make delicious home-made waffle cones in the WaffleCone Express with special edition li...
Chef?s Choice 838-SE WaffleCone Express Ice-Cream-Cone Maker