Cuisinart DLC-1 2.63 Cups Food Processor Reviews

Cuisinart DLC-1 2.63 Cups Food Processor

Free Shipping Lowe's

Living the dream!

Jun 24, 2008

Pros:Works great, affordable, small, Tear free onion chopping!!!!

Cons:I didn't get one sooner

The Bottom Line: Buy it!!! Why go through the grueling task of chopping onions and other things when you could get it done 4 times faster AND without tears!!!!

The idea of having yet another appliance take up space in my kitchen prevented me from buying one of these much sooner. Now that I have experienced the joys of tear free onion chopping I can't believe I didn't get one sooner!!!!

Recently I had a party at my house. I decided it was my mission to make homemade guacamole. This would involve chopping onions and cilantro. I decided to take the step of buying a mini food processor to help me out.

Things I looked for when shopping:
I have 2 young children so for me "easy" is the key. I need it to be easy to use and easy to clean up. I also needed something that took up very little kitchen space. We recently moved and I now have a smaller kitchen so small is the key.
I was originally eyeballing one made by kitchen aid. It cost $10 more then this one and had only 1 speed. Cuisinart is a well known brand so I felt VERY comfortable buying the lesser expensive brand. When I got home I barely had to read the instructions. I was chopping anything that I could to play with my new toy. When I was done I rinsed it out and threw it in the dishwasher!

IF YOU READ ANYTHING READ THIS!!!!! **THIS PROCESSOR IS DISHWASHER SAFE.......I REPEAT DISHWASHER SAFE!!!**

Use
Basically if you are chopping softer things like herbs, onions, softer cheese, etc, you will be using the sharp blade in the lo speed. If you are going to chop harder things like nuts, hard cheese, etc, you flip the blade over (REAL easy) and use the low speed. It seriously doesn't get any easier then that!!!

Straight from Cuisinarts website:

The Cuisinart® Mini-Prep® Processor is the perfect kitchen helper for your small food preparation tasks. This compact processor occupies minimum counter space yet offers major advantages: more power than other choppers, 2-speed operation, large 21-ounce capacity and several colors to choose from.Product Features
Powerful chopper/grinder
21-ounce work bowl
2 speeds for precision processing
Patented reversible blade
Dishwasher-safe parts
Stainless steel blade with sharp and blunt edges
Spatula
Instruction/Recipe Book
Limited 18-month warranty

Powerful chopper/grinder. 21-oz work bowl. 2 speeds for precision processing.
Lowe's