Cuisinart DLC 1SS Mini Prep Food Processor

Jul 25, 2008

Pros:Great size. Works very well.Dishwasher safe!!!!

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Dishwasher safe and a perfect size.

The Cuisinart Mini Prep is one of those little kitchen processors that I really can't do without even though I do minimal cooking. It's the perfect size for whipping up smaller concoctions without a major clean up hassle.

It comes with one blade with two functions, chopping and grinding. You actually get four combinations :high and low chop and high and low grind. You can also create a pulse by pressing on the control button off an on.

The Cuisinart Mini Prep will:
Grind nuts or chop them
Puree fruit
Chop bacon
Chop Ginger

I usually use little coffee grinder style processors to grind my spices and one for coffee beans so I don't have to worry about the odors from one type of food getting on another. I get these at garage sales so its economical and practical. They are very tiny and only do incredibly small portions. They wouldn't be sufficient for things like Salsa or toppings.

I have the huge Cuisinart Food Processor for large portions but I still need this mini prep too,that is the one my husband is usually dragging out. I find this smaller processor incredibly handy and easier for me to deal with. The size of the ingredients it holds is certainly less than his huge food processor but I'm on my own when I'm in NJ so I only need minimal equipment to cook with if I throw together a meal occasionally. This is an ideal size for single people, two person households or for people who like to cook but don't always want to get out the huge food processor.

The Cuisinart Mini Prep is a nice size for a medium portions of home made salsa. You can create a great fruit topping with it for ice cream. I have wild raspberries in the garden that I make a topping with. I also have Basil in the garden so I take this and pine nuts and make a nice portion of pesto with my fresh Basil.

The Cuisinart Mini Prep nice and compact and stores easily on a shelf under the counter. The cord has it's own little area underneath which I adore. I hate loose cords. I end up looping them and wrapping a twizzle around them but it's much nicer to have a self storage area so this little mini chop is a great design. I don't keep the Cuisinart Mini Prep out. I store the it in my cabinet but if you need to leave it on your counter it certainly doesn't take up much space.The Cuisinart Mini Prep measures just 6" x 7.5 x 4.5 so it doesn't take up much cabinet space and it's light weight.

It has Dishwasher-safe parts!!!!!!!
It has a powerful 2-speed operation plus pulse
It holds 21-ounce in it's work bowl
The chopper offers a powerful chopper/grinder
You get a patented reversible blade
You get the Cuisinart limited 18-month warranty **

In your box you will get:
Stainless steel blade with sharp and blunt edges
Spatula
Instruction/Recipe Book

I found only White or Stainless

**I purchased mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond with my 20% off coupon. Bed,Bath & Beyond is terrific about standing behind their products if you have a problem.