KitchenAid KSM90 300 Watts Stand Mixer

MIX - you betcha it MIXES!!

Oct 31, 2000 (Updated Nov 4, 2000)

Pros:Quiet, reliable, easy to clean

Cons:None found

Kitchen Aid Ultra Power KSM90 Stand Mixer

Okay, Okay, I know what you're thinking. How can your average everyday male do a review on a damn mixer, of all things.

Well it goes like this. Spousy had a birthday recently, she was forty nine (and oh how she hates that), so what makes a really good birthday present for a woman getting pretty long in the tooth?

Something practical, of course. For her last birthday I got her a lawnmower, and even though nothing was said I got the impression it wasn’t exactly what she was expecting.

Anyway, I have to make a small confession. See she likes that foreign muck, like Italian and Chinese stuff, the greatest way to ruin good food known to mankind.

Naturally, being normal, I like a big juicy steak, a couple of vegetables and most of all a big helping of mashed potatoes. All you fellas will no doubt understand that, especially when the potatoes are made all creamy by a mixer.

Is there anything better on this planet than blended mashed potatoes with tomato sauce (I think you call it ketchup)?

So yes, you bet, I had an ulterior motive!

Now the other thing I insist on is a mixer that doesn’t make more noise than your average jackhammer, which our old one does. Stuffs up the T.V. doesn’t it!

So thats what gave me the idea for this birthday present - something for spousy she could really love.

Now I admit, I know as much about mixers as open heart surgery. But what can be so hard. Fortunately we have a large electrical goods retailer near us and they have
a huge range of just about everything that plugs into a wall, and better yet they actually encourage the customer to have a play.

They had this long line of mixers of various makes and models so dopey me asks which is the best one! Imagine that, I am a salesman an I ask that question. The answer is always the one they can make the most out of!

Well, I got over that and started to work it out for myself. I noticed someone even older than spousy buy one and she looked the real cooking type - you know, low forehead, thick wrists, flour under the fingernails. I started up a conversation with her and she told me just what I needed.

Her recommendation was the Kitchen Aid because it was, compared to the other jackhammers, quiet and powerful. She said it would mash a full bowel of mashed potatoes - I was hoping for an invite to a feed, but never mind.

I made the purchase and spousy is thrilled with it, unfortunately turning out even more and different foreign muck. Everything the old lady said was true, and for the sake of this review I looked in the book and got some technical stuff just in case anyone finds it interesting. I reckon it's boring with a capital B.

Now it is a KitchenAid mixer, KSM90, with a 300 watt motor and would you believe it's got ten different speeds - more than the car! They talk about power horses and all kinds of stuff but quite frankly I don't care.
What I do know is it works, it's powerful and it's quiet. Spousy it's is always going on about the large
number of attachments, so I suppose thats a good thing.

Well the old girl, my wife that is, has had the mixer for six weeks and she uses it most evenings. I can now here the T.V. but I am still waiting for my mashed potatoes! What’s a man got to do - make it himself?

Seriously folks, my dearest beloved is delighted and so am I - albeit for different reasons.

We both thoroughly recommend this mixer - we are sure you won't do better.

Kitchenaid Ksm75wh 4.5 Qt. Classic Plus Stand Mixer - White , New, Free Shipping

The KitchenAid KSM75 is a high performance stand mixer that has a powerful motor. As this KitchenAid mixer is a stand mixer, it allows you to knead do...

KitchenAid KSM75WH White 4.5 Qt. Stand Mixer

KitchenAid KSM75WH White 4.5 Qt. Stand Mixer

Mix up the batter for your most delectable baked goods with this KitchenAid KSM75WH white 4.5 qt. stand mixer! Boasting 275 watts of power and an easy...
The WEBstaurant Store

Kitchenaid Ksm95 4.5 quart Ultra Power Tilt head Stand Mixer

Kitchenaid Ksm95 4.5 quart Ultra Power Tilt head Stand Mixer

Ten speeds and a distinct mixing action make this Ultra Power Stand Mixer from KitchenAid a welcome addition to any kitchen. This mixer offers a tilt-...
Overstock.com

KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer Appliances Cookware Size One Size One Size

Free Food Grinder with the purchase of a select KitchenAid 5-Quart Stand Mixer! for a printable form. Offer valid for purchases placed between April 1...
6pm.com

KitchenAid KSM150PSPT 5 Qt. Artisan Series Stand Mixer - Pistachio Multicolor - KSM150PSPT

Shop for Stand from Hayneedle.com! The pale pistachio green finish on the KitchenAid KSM150PSPT 5 Qt. Artisan Series Stand Mixer - Pistachio makes a b...
Hayneedle

Factory Sealed Kitchenaid Ksm95 Ultra Power 300 Watts Stand Mixer Empire Red

Factory Sealed Kitchenaid Ksm95 Ultra Power 300 Watts Stand Mixer Empire Red

The KitchenAid Mixer is a 3000-watt Stand Mixer. The KitchenAid KSM95GR features a 4.5-qt. stainless steel mixing bowl with a handle. This 300-watt st...

Kitchenaid KSM95PSWH White 4.5-quart Ultra Power Tilt-Head Stand Mixer

Kitchenaid KSM95PSWH White 4.5-quart Ultra Power Tilt-Head Stand Mixer

Mix up a batch of cookie dough or whatever you'd like with this ultra-power mixer from KitchenAid. A 4.5-quart bowl, white finish and ten settings com...
KitchenAid KSM152PS Artisan 5 Qt. Custom Metallic Stand Mixer

KitchenAid KSM152PS Artisan 5 Qt. Custom Metallic Stand Mixer

Stylish and utilitarian to boot, the KitchenAid Custom Metallic Artisan series boasts three high-quality metal finishes, including chrome, brushed nic...
Macys.com

KitchenAid KSM95ER Empire Red Ultra Power Series 4.5 Qt. Stand Mixer

KitchenAid KSM95ER Empire Red Ultra Power Series 4.5 Qt. Stand Mixer

This KitchenAid KSM95ER empire red Ultra Power Series 4.5 qt. stand mixer uses 300 watts of power so that you can make enough dough for up to 6 3/4 do...
The WEBstaurant Store

KitchenAid Ultra Power Series 4.5 Qt. Stand Mixer KSM95 Color: White

KitchenAid Ultra Power Series 4.5 Qt. Stand Mixer KSM95 Color: White

Color: White KitchenAid KSM95 The KitchenAid 4.5 Quart Ultra Power Stand Mixer has a tilt-head feature and generous 4.5 quart capacity that makes the...
Wayfair