Bissell 1695 PowerSteamer Cleaner Reviews

Bissell 1695 PowerSteamer Cleaner

HOOVER VS. THE BISSELL

Oct 25, 2000

Pros:Does a bang up job renewing carpet

Cons:A little difficult to maneuver at times

After a couple years of use my Hoover Steamvac died and at the worst time of year too. It was November and the rain just kept coming down, which meant lots of dirty puppy prints all over my carpeting.

I had to do something quick so I went to my local department store and to my dismay, there was not one Hoover steam cleaner available. Oh sure they had them on display but none in stock. I guess it was that time of year for everyone else too.

I guess I could wait or go somewhere else but started looking at the other products and finally decided on the Bissell Powersteamer, which was on sale for $149.00. I lugged the heavy box up to the cashier and purchased the machine and of course the extended warranty. I wasn't about to pass that up again. (Read my review on the Hoover Steamvac for reference)

Better Than The Hoover?

In many respects, yes. I was so fond of my Hoover Steamvac that this machine was really going to have to do some amazing things to compare.

For starters, this machine is not as lightweight and a little more difficult to maneuver than the Hoover. At times I have literally had to lift the machine to reposition it because turning it around was just too difficult.

As far as performance, it by far outdoes the Hoover. The Dirtlifter brush lifts the carpet while you clean, making for a more thorough clean and giving the carpet a "renewed" look. When the brush lifts the carpet, it pulls up more dirt from deep down and sucks it right up.

Now for the solution/water mix. The difference between this and the Hoover is that there is a separate compartment for the cleaning solution. Bissell has come up with the Smartmix, which auto adjusts depending on the carpeting and the filth. Simply pour the solution to the line and slide the container inside the water tank.

The other nice thing about the Bissell is the ability to pretreat tough stains like pet urine or spilled funk from the kids.

What Don't You Like?

The main thing would be the weight of the machine as mentioned earlier and the difficulty maneuvering at times.

The only other problem I have had with this particular machine is that many of the pieces are plastic, like the clamps that fasten the tank to the machine. These pieces have come completely off many times and I continually have to reattach them. No big deal but a little annoying.

Overall this machine outperformed the Hoover in many areas and has given new life to my carpeting. I would definitely suggest any household with children or pets to invest in one of these machines.

Bissell PowerSteamer PowerBrush Upright Deep Cleaner 1623

Bissell PowerSteamer PowerBrush Upright Deep Cleaner 1623

Bissell 1623 Features: -Upright deep cleaner.-The powerful and effective way to deep clean carpets, stairs and upholstery..-Spray trigger.-Ergonomical...
Wayfair

BISSELL PowerSteamer PowerBrush Full Sized Carpet Cleaner, 1623

BISSELL PowerSteamer PowerBrush Full Sized Carpet Cleaner, 1623

Color: Orange Features: 6.5 amp full-size upright cleaner for carpets, upholstery, and stairs 5-row rotating DirtLifter PowerBrush; 3/4-gallon 2-in-1 ...
Bissell Powersteamer Powerbrush Full Sized Carpet Cleaner Upright 1623 Rug

Bissell Powersteamer Powerbrush Full Sized Carpet Cleaner Upright 1623 Rug

6.5 amp full-size upright cleaner for carpets, upholstery, and stairs 5-row rotating DirtLifter PowerBrush; 3/4-gallon 2-in-1 water-tank system Includ...

PowerSteamer PowerBrush Upright Deep Cleaner

PowerSteamer PowerBrush Upright Deep Cleaner

BSE1006: Features: -Color:Marzette Orange -Distressed:No -Material:Metal -Material:Plastic -Number of Items Included:1. Dimensions: -Overall Height - ...
Bissell 1698 Proheat Vacuum Cleaner Green Main Housing # 2145017

Bissell 1698 Proheat Vacuum Cleaner Green Main Housing # 2145017

Bissell 1698 Proheat Vacuum Cleaner Green Main Housing # 2145017 Fit In Model = 1698