Kenmore 20927 Washing Machine

Super Capacity in Kenmore Super Capacity Plus Washers!

Mar 17, 2002

Pros:Large capacity, easy to use, automatic 2nd rinse.

Cons:Liquid bleach and liquid fabric softeners dispensers leak during wash.

The Bottom Line: Laundry has become much faster and easier with Kenmore Super Capacity Plus! The super capacity and many options would suit just about anyone!

When my washing machine was wearing out, my mother was in town and helped me shop for the "perfect" washing machine for a family. I wasn't even married at the time, but we needed to prepare for a family! Guess what? Mom was right! I bought the Kenmore Super Capacity Plus and have been very happy with it for 4 years!

My requirements, can wash comforters easily. I was tired of cramming them into a small washing machine and having to keep rinsing for soap residue.

Mom's requirements, 2nd rinse for when I have a baby. Oh, and a large capacity for all the baby clothes!

Here is the run down!
Water Levels
Small, medium, and large. You can place the indicator anywhere in between. If you are going to a small load, you need to turn the dial all the way to the right to the reset indication before setting.

Water Temperature
Regular: Warm/Warm, Hot/Cold, Warm/Cold, Cold/Cold. Automatic Temperature controls, complete with sensors!: Warm/Cold, Cold/Cold/, Warm/Warm. This is nice if you live in an area with very different temperature changes during the year. I keep it on the automatic Cold/Cold for the most part so it isn't freezing when I move clothes to the dryer. I prefer Cold/Cold also because I have been accused on more than one occasion of shrinking my husbands clothes.

Rinse Options
One and 2nd! You have a choice between one and two rinses. You don't have to remember it is automatic! This was great when Lauren was a newborn and I wanted to make sure there wasn't any detergent residue! It is nice with comforters also. Shiloh, the dog, sleeps on the bed so this helps with getting the dog smell out too.

Speeds
Hand Washables Intermittent: Extra Slow/Slow
Extra Delicate: Extra Slow/Slow
Regular: Slow/Fast
Heavy Duty: Fast/Fast
Hang Dry: Fast/Slow
I usually have our speed at regular. I do wash handwashables on the Hand Washables Intermittent with Woolite and have not had any problems with that.

Cycles
Ultra Clean and Permanent Press. The difference is that permanent press has a pause for cool down.

There is a soak feature that I was for stain removal with the wonderful Oxyclean! No, I didn't buy it off of the television, it was Sam's and highly recommended by trustworthy people!

There is also a prewash. I have only used this one time, before the Oxyclean days, and I thought a couple of items needed a bit more cleaning. It worked fine, but I wouldn't say this is a selling point.

Kenmore Super Capacity Plus has nice layout. Large dials that are clearly marked. Under the cycles it is written to push and turn clockwise to set. Pull Start. Push Stop.

Agitators help with loads to ensure everything is cleaned. It pulls the clothes under the water with a corkscrew action. It only turns one way. I did watch it one time with a really full load to make sure everything got wet!

When Kenmore Super Capacity Plus is spinning and you open the lid, the washer will quickly stop.

Okay, now for the bad part. Again, everything is clearly marked and I followed directions, but I have noticed a problem several times, even when it wasn't me doing the laundry!

The liquid bleach dispenser and liquid fabric softener dispenser. Directions on how much to include, make sure it is liquid, etc. I like this feature but I have noticed fabric softener leaking after I remove clothes from the washer. The bleach is more irritating because I didn't notice until I was folding clothes that the bleach ran after clothes were removed. The bleach got into another load, so a couple of my husbands shirts were ruined. Now I just skip the dispenser and add the bleach after the water fills. I use fabric softener sheets in the dryer. The top area of the dispensers are not as easy to clean as the rest of the washer. I do need to clean this area about one time per month.

Kenmore Super Capacity Plus has a lot of room! I am able to wash a queen size comforter and sheets with room to spare! I love the room since it cuts down on the number of loads.

Overall
I really love the Kenmore Super Capacity Plus! I am glad I listened to my mother this time and prepared for the future. There are no scratches or nicks in or on the washer after 4 years of use! For a wide variety of options and clean clothes this is a great choice!

I also purchased a Kenmore dryer. If you are interested in that review it is at http://www.epinions.com/content_53485866628

Thanks for reading!
Cathy

Kenmore 24 Laundry Center w/ Electric Dryer White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Kenmore 24 Laundry Center - Compact, Efficient Offering a high quality washer and dryer in one compact package, the Kenmore 24 laundry center 8873 is ...

Kenmore 24 Laundry Center w/ Gas Dryer White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Kenmore 24 Laundry Center w/ Gas Dryer White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Kenmore 24 Laundry Center - Compact Performance This Kenmore 24 laundry center 9875 is a complete laundry station for all of your washing and drying n...

Kenmore 27 Stacked Laundry Center - White 4 cu.ft. - 5.9 cu.ft.

Kenmore 27 Stacked Laundry Center - White 4 cu.ft. - 5.9 cu.ft.

Kenmore 27 Stacked Laundry Center - Efficient Convenience Offering 8.0 cu. ft. of capacity, this Kenmore 27 laundry center 7154 blends efficiency with...

Kenmore 24 Laundry Center w/ Electric Dryer White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. High-Efficiency Top-Load Washer w/ Deep Wash - White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer - Efficient and Thorough This Kenmore high-efficiency washer 2510 is a laundry essential, helping you to get your ...

Kenmore 3.9 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer - White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Kenmore 3.9 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer - White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Kenmore 3.9 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer - Smart Washing The energy efficient White Kenmore 3.9 cu. ft. front-load washer 41122 includes five different c...

Kenmore 3.6 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer w/ Deep Wash Cycle - White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Kenmore 3.6 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer - Convenient and Efficient This efficient Kenmore 3.6 cu. ft. top-load washer 2210 features an exclusive Triple Ac...

Kenmore 3.6 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer w/ Clean Washer Cycle - White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Kenmore 27 HE Stacked Laundry Center - White 4 cu.ft. - 5.9 cu.ft.

Kenmore 27 HE Stacked Laundry Center - White 4 cu.ft. - 5.9 cu.ft.

Kenmore 27 Laundry Center - Space-Saving Laundry Care Though it takes up little space, the Kenmore 27 laundry center is big on performance. Offering a...

Kenmore Elite 5.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer w/ Steam - White 4.6 cu.ft. and greater

Kenmore trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans.Using the UltraWash cycle makes this the best cleaning washing machine in its class.* ...