iSwifter App

iSwifter Flash Web Browser for iPhone and iPad - Don't waste your money

Jul 5, 2012 (Updated Jul 5, 2012)

Pros:none

Cons:lags, blurry screen changes, slow

The Bottom Line: I was looking forward to browsing websites that required flash on my iPad and iPhone but iSwifter just does not perform as promised. It is blurry, laggy, and generally horrible.

I saw the iSwifter Flash Web Browser in the App store and thought I would try it out for my iPad. If you have an apple product you know that the one thing it will not do is allow you to do anything on the internet requiring Flash. This can be annoying so I was willing to give the iSwifter Browser a try.

My experience with the iSwifter App

The iSwifter App is supposed to let you visit websites that use flash on your iPad/ iPhone. While I was able to get on these sites while there the browsing was slow like dial up and between screen changes was a weird blurry look as though I was seeing a video of me browsing the internet rather than actually browsing the internet. I do not know if my suspicion is true but if feels as though I am inputting things on my ipad and the program is accessing them on some other browser and then returning a video to me of that browsing experience. This is the only way I can describe the experience with blurry screen transitions and horrible lag.

I tried to play a game on a site that requires flash. It is a game I play a lot on my computer and it is timed. I normally finish with about 4 minutes to spare. Because of the lag I finished with only 3 minutes to spare. I can not imagine using this sort of browser.

Just to clarify, I was using the app on my iPad with the highest speed DSL wifi. I have no issues browsing on my laptop, or on any of the regular browsers on my iPad, or iPhone.

Downloading the "Free" Trial

The App said that I could try it for free so I figured what the heck did I have to lose? The App downloaded just fine and I could use it with Flash but it kept popping up an ad to buy the full version for $4.99. The ad implied that if I paid the money that I would not only get rid of the pop up ad but that the app would function better. I was able to get on a site and see that I could use Flash but it was slow and the look of the website appeared as though someone was showing me a bad recording of the web browsing experience.

The Paid Version

I know I should have my head examined but I fell for the pop up ad which implied that the shortcomings that I was seeing in the Free version would vanish when I paid my money. Well, this is not what happened. The only difference was that I was not seeing the pop up ad to upgrade.

YouWeb L.L.C. Customer Service

When I contacted the developer through their website instead of being offered a refund or some help with how to get the app to work without feeling like I was on a cheap dial up speed version of the internet, the person who responded was defensive and rude. I ended up chalking it up to my own stupidity and kissed my $4.99 goodbye

Security

I can not say that I trust the security of this browser either. Based on the fact that it seems that the browser is sending me info from some other browser and back again I have to wonder what happens to any passwords I may enter. I can not say for sure that it is not secure but based on my experience as well as the responses I got from customer service I just do not trust it to be completely secure.

Unusual amount of high ratings in the App Store

Considering how horrible my experience was I found it a little suspicious that the App store had so many glowing reviews. Buyer Beware!

For More Information

If you would like to visit the developers website for more information go to www.iswifter.com

Final Thoughts and Rating

I am sorry to have to give this one star and I do not recommend it. I really wanted to like this one but it's just horrible.

Thanks for reading my review

If you have any questions or comments about the iSwifter Browser, I would be happy to hear from you in the comment section.

:-(

Becky

CHANNEL SOURCES MOBILE APP MAKER SKYLINE (V300)

CHANNEL SOURCES MOBILE APP MAKER SKYLINE (V300)

MOBILE APP MAKER SKYLINE MPN: V300
Lot Of 4 In Bag Weg App30s-18 Stop Plate For Pushbutton And Pilot Light

Lot Of 4 In Bag Weg App30s-18 Stop Plate For Pushbutton And Pilot Light

Lot of 4 New in Bag WEG APP30S-18 Stop Plate for Pushbutton and Pilot Light From our online store inventory, we are selling a Lot of 4 New in Bag WEG ...

Symetrix Jupiter 12 App Configurable 12 x 4 DSP

Symetrix Jupiter 12 App Configurable 12 x 4 DSP

Turn-Key Audio Processing Solution, Uses Downloadable Apps, Several App Categories Available, Mixing, Routing & Sound Reinforcement, Public Address & ...
B&H Photo-Video-Pro Audio

APP242J White Flowers Poster Print by Stela Klein - 8 x 8

AppleJack APP242J White Flowers Poster Print by Stela Klein - 8 x 8
2150VA / 1650W Smart App Sinewave LCD UPS Series 2U XL

2150VA / 1650W Smart App Sinewave LCD UPS Series 2U XL

The Smart App Sinewave LCD UPS Series provides an advanced level of power protection to support mission-critical servers telecom equipment VOIP and ...
MacMall
Appleton App Fd-1-75 Mall Iron Fs-fd Device Box -

Appleton App Fd-1-75 Mall Iron Fs-fd Device Box -

This is a New Surplus Appleton APP FD-1-75 Mall Iron FS-FD Device Box. New in Box. FD175. Item is guaranteed not to be DOA for replacement or refund w...

APP23J Vase Poster Print by Lucciano Simone - 8 x 8

APP23J Vase Poster Print by Lucciano Simone - 8 x 8

AppleJack APP23J Vase Poster Print by Lucciano Simone - 8 x 8
CyberPower - Smart App Sinewave PR2200LCDRTXL2U 2150VA / 1650W UPS, 8 Outlets, Power Suppl

CyberPower Smart App Sinewave PR2200LCDRTXL2U 2150VA / 1650W UPS, 8 Outlets The CyberPower Smart App Sinewave PR2200LCDRTXL2U provides an advanced lev...
Adorama

Smart App Sinewave LCD PR2200LCDRTXL2U - UPS - 2.15 kW - 2150 VA

Smart App Sinewave LCD PR2200LCDRTXL2U - UPS - 2.15 kW - 2150 VA

CyberPower Smart App Sinewave LCD PR2200LCDRTXL2U - UPS - 2.15 kW - 2150 VA 9 Ah - RS-232 USB - 8 output connector(s) - 2U
PCM