ibotta App for iPhone and Android Reviews

ibotta App for iPhone and Android

ratings (1 Epinions review)

ibotta App Review - Get paid back for shopping.

Jun 6, 2013

Pros:get paid for shopping

Cons:my favorite grocery store Jewel is not on the list

The Bottom Line: ibotta pays you back in cash via paypal for buying groceries and other items.

I recently tried the ibotta app on my iPhone. I have a few apps now that pay me back for this or that, and I think ibotta will be another one that I will use frequently.

Downloading the App

The free ibotta app is available for both iPhone and Android. I downloaded it on my iPhone. The app downloaded quickly and easiliy and I have not experienced any crashes or glitches.

Size: 20.1 MB

Orientation: ibotta works in portrait orientation only

iPhone Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

ibotta App Details

When you open the app you will see a neat graphic with lots of products on a virtual shelf. Under the photo of the product is an amount that you can earn if you complete some simple tasks and purchase the product. If any of the products are ones that you would buy just click on them. There are all kinds of products from videos to groceries. Wellness and beauty and more.

Selecting products: Click the photo and it will open up to a page that gives you some tasks to perform before earning a pending reward. Some of the tasks are watching videos, liking on facebook, and answering a couple questions. In the ones that I have tried they are simple and do not take much time.

Pending Products: The product will remain pending until you go purchase the item in the store. Be careful not to wait too long though because there are new products listed all the time, and old ones will fall off the list if you do not confirm purchase of them

Confirming Purchase: Once you have purchased your product go to back to the pending product on the shelf and click on it again. Then click redeem. Next pick the store where you purchased the product. Make sure to look here first because not all grocery stores are listed. One store where I shop a lot, Jewel is not on the list so I have to make sure that I purchase the product from a store on the list.

To choose your store you can pick recent, nearby, or an A-Z list. I could not find my favorite grocery store on any of them, but there were other stores nearby that I go to with regularity like Meijer, Walmart, and Target.

Once you have located your store tap on it and instructions will appear to capture the image of your receipt. Basically you take a picture of the whole receipt, adding sections if necessary.

Store Extras: From the main page tap the little icon in the top left and then select store extras. There will be stores listed along with more products that have higher rewards. The process is the same as above for earning these rewards.

Bonuses: From the same top left icon select bonuses from the list and you will see different tasks you can perform that involve buying groups of things to get an additional bonus, a monthly bonus for buying a certain amount of products that month, and other neat bonus offers.

Checklist: From the list select checklist to see a list of pending products. This can be helpful when you are at the store to make sure you do not forget them.

Withdraw Cash: When you have at least $5 you may redeem and your money will be sent to your paypal account

Activity: Select activity to see bonus offers that you are working on.

Invite Friends: From this screen you can invite friends by sending them a text message, tweeting, emailing, google+ or posting on facebook. There is also a unique link at the bottom of the page that you can copy down and add anywhere.

There are decent rewards for referring a friend who becomes and active member. Your friend will also get a reward for joining and doing five things within the first two weeks.

Settings: On the settings tab you can access your account, enter the help center, read FAQs, see supported stores, Connect to social networks, select notifications, see the privacy policy, terms of use and user license agreement.

Final Thoughts and Rating

I would like to give this App a 5 star rating but have to take one star off since my favorite grocery store is not on the list. Granted it may be added at a future date, but for now it gets a 4 star rating since it is a great app that pays you for doing something you would likely do anyway.

Thanks for reading my Review

:-)

Becky

Thuraya Satsleeve For Android (samsung Galaxy S4) - Specialty Cell Phone Accessories

Thuraya Satsleeve For Android (samsung Galaxy S4) - Simply slide and click. You're ready to go. Calls and text messages in satellite mode: Expand the ...
New FishHunter Military Grade Sonar Android/iOS Smart Phone Fishfinder FH3.0

New FishHunter Military Grade Sonar Android/iOS Smart Phone Fishfinder FH3.0

FishHunter is military grade fishfinder that s been shrunk down and made to fit inside a rubber ball. The floating gadget moves with the current and s...
ZTE GoSmart Android Prepaid Smartphone with App Package & Accessories

ZTE GoSmart Android Prepaid Smartphone with App Package & Accessories

Look smart, talk smart, GoSmart! Talk, text, browse, and play with the ZTE V768 GoSmart smartphone!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 w/ App Package on Boost Mobile

Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 w/ App Package on Boost Mobile

What makes the Galaxy S III special? Boasting a beautiful 4.8 diagonal Super AMOLED HD touchscreen display, it puts your world in the palm of your han...

GoSmart ZTE 768 Android GSM Phone with $35 services & App Pack

GoSmart ZTE 768 Android GSM Phone with $35 services & App Pack

Talk smarter with the ZTE V768 GoSmart unlocked smartphone. Compatible with many 2G networks, it boasts an Android 2.3 operating system, 512MB RAM, an...

LG Android Wear Water and Dust Resistant White Smart G Watch

LG Android Wear Water and Dust Resistant White Smart G Watch

Always At Hand Make Your Life Easier With The New LG Android Smart Watch - Compatible With Android 4.3 or Higher - Useful Information When You Need I...
BuyDig.com

Android Evolution Mug (updated for Kitkat)

Android Evolution Mug (updated for Kitkat)

This customizable Android Evolution Mug (updated for Kitkat) is designed on the mug and would interest those who like android, evolution, and kitkat s...
ZAZZLE.COM

Android Unlocked Mug

Android Unlocked Mug

Small measures 3.75 tall, 3 diameter; Mega measures 4.5 tall, 3.75 diameterSmall holds 11 oz.; Mega holds 20 oz.Black color-changing mugs available in...
Cafepress.com

iPhone 4 Factory Unlocked 32GB

iPhone 4 Factory Unlocked 32GB

Buy Refurbished iPhone 4 Factory Unlocked 32GB with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!
Newegg.com

Samsung Galaxy Rush Prepaid Android 3.5 Phone (boost Mobile)

Samsung Galaxy Rush Prepaid Android 3.5 Phone (boost Mobile)

NEW Samsung Galaxy Rush Prepaid Android 3.5 Phone (Boost Mobile)Brand New / Sealed / Fast Shipping Product Description view larger view larger The Sam...