Insignia NS-CLWL01 Clock Radio Reviews

Insignia NS-CLWL01 Clock Radio

Buzzy radio at low volume

Nov 6, 2011
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Sound:

Pros:Digital tuning and a LED screen!

Cons:Buzzy radio at lower volumes.

The Bottom Line:

Could have been a great radio but lousy radio sound.

This radio has been discontinued, but I bought one off E-bay for $14.99.  It had what I was looking for, and haven't found in new radios: digital tuning and a LED screen.  The backlit LCD screens that are popular these days are too bright and disturb my wife, even when you can adjust the brightness.  The indoor/outdoor temperature on this clock radio was a nice bonus.  But right away I was very disappointed in the radio.  The volume is set with VOL+ and VOL- buttons.  At volume levels 1 to 3 the sound is very buzzy.  At level 1 the radio is still too loud, and you can't make out your station.  All you here is the static-buzzing.  Volume 4 and above is fine for listening to in a room, but way too loud for right by your bed while you lie there.
I set up the outdoor transmitter.  It was a little difficult to find a place that would transmit the signal to our second-floor bedroom.  Three places I tried didn't consistently get the signal to the radio.  But I eventually found a place that worked.
Another con would be the small speaker and being a little too complicated.  It has 15 buttons.  They are all labeled and intuitive but when you look at the radio you may think, "That's a lot of buttons."
Here is the product website:

INSIGNIA CLOCK RADIO w/ WAKE UP LIGHT DOCK FOR iPOD Brand Name: Insignia Model Number: NS-CLWLO1 Manufacturer Part Number: 10G07B Technical Details Co...
Please research before you buy item Item will comes exactly like Photo, if you have question please ask DON'T predict it as your opinion. We are willi...