IRIS Photo 4 Scanner Reviews

IRIS Photo 4 Scanner

Small, Portable Scanner

Oct 21, 2011 (Updated Feb 7, 2012)

Pros:Lightweight (8 ounces)
Portable
Scans hi-res images!
Easy to use!
Scan approximately 2,000 photos to built-in memory

Cons:NONE! I love it!

The Bottom Line: This is so much easier than a bulky scanner that takes FOREVER to heat up. It's portable so you can tuck it in a purse. And it scans beautifully.

A few months ago I commented to my husband that I would love one of the small portable scanners they sell now, since it would be easier for me to use with my work.

So I was SO EXCITED when I got the IRISPhoto 4 Portable Scanner. It is a portable, pint-sized scanner that scans high-quality images. Already I've used it to scan images of old photos and new photos that I don't have digital copies of - like my son's overpriced school pictures. And my husband is talking about using it to scan older photos from albums and frames from relatives' houses, since he is in charge of the family tree. And if photos are older and fragile, it comes with a special envelope that you can use to hold them and scan them through the machine, which also increased the scanned image quality. Honestly, I am looking forward to taking my sons' pictures with Santa and the Easter Bunny and not having to pay for the digital copy this year - just scan and send to everyone on Facebook.

SET-UP:

Set-up is amazingly easy. It comes with a USB cord and a program disc. It also comes with a swab cleaner to keep dust out of the scanning device and a photo sheet, which helps increase the resolution of the image you are scanning. You have to charge it before the first use, simply by plugging it into your computer for approximately 4 hours.

USE:

Once you are ready to use the IRISPhoto, you simply turn it on. Then you choose the image you want to scan. Remember, to increase the resolution use the photo envelope/sheet. Then you gently press the photo/paper into the scanning slot and it will feed itself the image and spit the photo out on the opposite side. It’s THAT easy. Once it goes through, it’s scanned.

RETRIEVAL:

To retrieve images, you attach the IRIS Photo to the computer with the USB cord. We chose to do it the easy way, which is simply go to COMPUTER then REMOVABLE DEVICES. You’ll see the IRIS there. Choose the folder with the images, you can view them right there on your screen. Then choose the images you want to save and put them in new or appropriate folders.

OUR FIRST-TIME USE:

So like I said, we used it the first time to scan my son's school photo. I had ordered as economically as possible, but wanted a digital copy.

My husband was going to bring in the HUGE BULKY SCANNER than we keep in the garage.

But I said, “Use the IRIS!”

He was going to charge it – but I said, “I already charged it last week. It’s ready to use.”

So he grabbed the 4 x 6 photo I put on the fridge. I said, “Use the envelope.”

But he said, “I already scanned it.”

Awesome, right? And it took SECONDS. Once he scanned, he followed the retrieval instructions I put on the top of this review.

PROS AT-A-GLANCE

Lightweight (8 ounces)
Portable
So small – it easily fits in a bag or purse
Scans hi-res images!
Easy to use!
Scan approximately 2,000 photos to built-in memory

GOOD-TO-KNOW

You can scan 2,000 Photos using the Built-In Memory!
Remember to CHARGE THE IRIS before you plan to use it.

RESOLUTION AND SIZE
They do up to 4x6 photos since it is small enough to put in a purse.

Resolution is print quality, 300 dpi or 600 dpi if the photo is scanned with the plastic photo holder.

OVERALL

It's just easy to use! I love it and hope that lots of moms get this one for Christmas in their stocking - they will LOVE it!

Interface: USB

IRIS 458075M IRISCan Mouse Executive 2

You swipe, it scans!A scanner at your fingertips!Scanning has never been simpler thanks to this all-in-one scanner and mouse. Your scanner lies at you...
IRIS - Iriscan Book 3 Executive Portable Scanner, 12 Seconds Color High Resolution Scan Sp

IRIS Iriscan Book 3 Executive Portable Scanner, 12 Seconds Color High Resolution Scan Speed, 900 dpi, USB 2, 2.5sec/doc Wi-Fi Transfer, OCR Software T...
Adorama

Iris Irisnotes Express 2 Digital Pen - 457488

Iris Irisnotes Express 2 Digital Pen - 457488

Iris Irisnotes Express 2 Digital Pen - 457488 Brand: IRIS UPC: 765010725038 Model: 457488

IRIS IRIScan 457893 Mobile Pro 3 Cloud mobile scanner

Dimensions 9.2 x 11.7 x 6.2 (H x L x D) Weight 5.1 lbs. Scanning Speed 15 PPM / 30 IPM wall power - 7 PPM / 14 IPM USB power USB Ports Yes Power Consu...
Newegg.com

IRIS - IrisPen Express 7 Text Recognition Pen Scanner, USB-Powered, Scanners

IRIS - IrisPen Express 7 Text Recognition Pen Scanner, USB-Powered, Scanners

IRIS IrisPen Express 7 Text Recognition Pen Scanner, USB-Powered The IRIS IRISPen Express 7 is a full-featured text recognition pen scanner. It works ...
Adorama

Iris Iriscan Mouse Executive 2 - 458075

Iris Iriscan Mouse Executive 2 - 458075

Iris Iriscan Mouse Executive 2 - 458075 Brand: IRIS UPC: 765010732326 Model: 458075
IRIS - IRIScan Mouse Handheld Scanner

IRIS - IRIScan Mouse Handheld Scanner

Drag this IRIS IRIScan Mouse scanner over a newspaper, contract or photo for detailed image replication with 400 dpi optical resolution. The 11.7 x 16...
Best Buy

Iris Irisnotes Executive 2 Digital Pen - 457489

Iris Irisnotes Executive 2 Digital Pen - 457489

Iris Irisnotes Executive 2 Digital Pen - 457489 Brand: IRIS UPC: 765010725045 Model: 457489

Newegg.com