-17%

Free Shipping Sonic Electronix

STEALTHBOX: THE BEST OPTION

May 9, 2004

• Sound Quality:

Pros:Great sound, very little space requirement, Stealthbox fit perfect, OEM look, unique.

Cons:Needed replacement, expensive, no Stealthbox for the passenger side trunk.

The Bottom Line: If they make a Stealthbox for your vehicle... GET IT!

I purchased the JL Audio Stealthbox for my '95 Ford Mustang Cobra Convertible. The Stealthbox was a custom formed fiberglass box that fit perfectly in the right side of my small trunk. It housed a 10" JL Audio 10W6 down-firing subwoofer.

This was an excellent set-up, because it saved me alot of trunk space (which, being a convertible, was very limited to begin with). It looked very factory, most people wouldn't realize that it was a subwoofer box. It allowed me to use what little room I had to a maximum, plus keep my spare tire & jack.

The sound quality was very good. Just like most all JL Audio subwoofers are known for.

The subwoofer did need replacing once or twice. It began to "pop" at loud volumes. I was probably overdriving it too hard. It was immediately replaced, for free, by the authorized installation center that it was originally purchased and installed from.

It filled my convertible with very good bass. Probably not SPL competition winning bass, but very musical, and quite loud bass. Very nice.

All in all a great sub, and an outstanding box.

I only wish they made another Stealthbox for the driver's side of the trunk.

If a Stealthbox is available for your vehicle, I highly recommend it.

www.jlaudio.com

Amount Paid (US$): 450ish

Product Features: 10in Dual 4 Ohm W6v2 Series Subwoofer Power Handling: Peak: 1200 watts RMS: 600 watts Recommended Power Range: 150-600 watts I...
Sonic Electronix