Joovy Scooter Black Standard Single Seat Stroller Reviews

Joovy Scooter Black Standard Single Seat Stroller

Nice basic stroller - 1 flaw

Jul 14, 2012

Pros:Price
Storage space
Comfort

Cons:Braking system

The Bottom Line: A great deal if you don't use stairs a lot, but for a stair-friendly stroller, look elsewhere.

We have been using this stroller daily in New York City for the last 3 months or so. I love its basic features, and it seems comfortable for the baby. It reclines enough that even before he could sit up unsupported, he was fine. Lots of storage, and I like the drink holder and the zippered pocket. In general, it's a great stroller for the price.

Folding and unfolding is pretty easy, but does require two hands. No holding the baby in one arm and folding the stroller with the other. That has made it a tad inconvenient for us to get in and out of our apartment building, but it's not a deal-breaker.

It's big flaw is the brake. It works fine, but it sticks way out. The rear wheels are small, and the bar sticks out so far that it is quite dangerous to try to go up stairs with this stroller. If the rear wheels were larger and the brake didn't stick out, you could pull the stroller up stairs backwards, but as it is, the brake bar gets caught on the steps and either scrapes along or worse, gets engaged. When the brake engages in the middle of some stairs, you are in trouble unless someone comes by to help.

So, if you don't need to use stairs, it's a great deal. It's a basic, no-frills stroller. Nothing fancy but gets the job done. If you do need to use stairs, I'd look elsewhere.

Age Range of Child: 0 to 12 Months

A width of 30-inches allows it to pass through any door, unfolded, making the lightweight Joovy X2 stroller convenient and compact. Both the canopy an...