jWIN iHP615 Headphones

jWIN's iLuv iHP615 Headphones Leave Room for Improvement

Oct 23, 2011 (Updated Oct 23, 2011)

Pros:Nice, long, tangle-free cable
Extra functions for Apple devices

Cons:Flimsy/uncomfortable design
poor sound quality
not enough bass for a "bass booster"

The Bottom Line: I would pass on this model and go for a better quality brand like Sony or Skullcandy.

iLuv - for Apple, not by it.

When I first bought this headset I was impressed by the comfortable ear cups (they are covered in a very soft felt/velvet material) and the trendy look. Unfortunately for this model, that's about the only good thing I can say about this model.

The Design

The iLuv iHP615 headphones, as mentioned before, LOOK very comfortable, they don't live up to the illusion. After 20-30 minutes of wearing this headset I found I had to remove it to massage my temples and ears, as often it was too tight.

Why not loosen it, you say? Unfortunately this headset is not very well designed, and without wearing them tight you'll be lucky to be wearing them at all. The earcups rotate a near-full 90 degrees and the headset does extend, but when done so it feels very flimsy and the extra size compromises the snug fit on the user's head.

This headset is also slightly bulky and feels heavier than it really should, in my "epinion."

The cable is nice and long, however, at around 6 feet, and features a flat, tangle-free cable with a straight 3.5mm jack. This part of the design worked flawlessly for me.

NOTE: I also cannot recommend these for those, like myself, that wear eyeglasses. Granted, I wear big black-frames but still, other headsets have been much more comfortable.

Sound Quality

Unfortunately for this model the design is not all that troubles them. The sound quality is very "tinny," as in, it sounds like you are listening to your audio with a tin can on either side of your head. This model is also supposed to offer superior bass in its audio, but I've personally had better quality from cheap in-ear headphones.

If you do plan to give these a try, I also should mention that you'll need to have the volume very low to keep anyone nearby from hearing them. They are very good at blocking out external sounds, but are not very good at keeping the sound they emit from reaching the rest of the room you are in.

Extra Functions

The iLuv iHP615 also comes with a microphone (for apple devices) and an audio volume/pause/play controller built into the wire. I found this very useful when using Skype on my iPad or Mac, and listening to other Apple devices enjoyed the added bonus as well. I was told the mic quality was decent, though I sometimes had to hold the receiver close to my mouth to be considerably more clear.

Final Thoughts

I wouldn't recommend this headset over some of the better models out there. A cheaper set of in-ear or equivalently-priced over-ear headsets would deliver much better sound quality, comfort and function. Brands I recommend include Sony and Skullcandy, to name a few.

Jwin Iluv Fashionology Ref Stereo Headphones Black Ihp636blk Sealed

Jwin Iluv Fashionology Ref Stereo Headphones Black Ihp636blk Sealed

ebay template ` eBay Store Join Our Newsletter Add To Favorites My World Guides Reviews Listings Feedback Favorites Contact Us Store Categories Apple ...

Jwin Iluv Fashionology Ref Stereo Headphones Blue Ihp636blu Sealed

Jwin Iluv Fashionology Ref Stereo Headphones Blue Ihp636blu Sealed

jWIN JH-P350 Professional Reference Digital Stereo Super Bass Headphones

Features: Brand Name : jWIN Model : JHP350 Item Weight : 1 pounds Short Description: JHP350 Headphones & Earphones
Jwin Jh-p31 Light Weight Digital Stereo Headphones And Stereo Earphones Nip

Jwin Jh-p31 Light Weight Digital Stereo Headphones And Stereo Earphones Nip

happies_by_mj store jWIN JH-P31 LIGHT WEIGHT DIGITAL STEREO HEADPHONES AND STEREO EARPHONES NIP Search NEW jWIN DIGITAL STEREO HEADPHONES FOR DIGITAL ...

jWIN JH-P350 Professional Reference Digital Stereo Super Bass Headphones

Feature: Brand Name : jWIN Model : JHP350 Item Weight : 1 pounds Product Information: JHP350 Headphones & Earphones
Jwin Jh-p350 Digital Stereo Super Bass Headphones Professional Reference Jhp350

Jwin Jh-p350 Digital Stereo Super Bass Headphones Professional Reference Jhp350

jWIN JH-P350 Professional Reference Digital Stereo Super Bass Headphones Home About Us Shipping Info Feedback Return Policy FAQ Contact Us Add our sto...

Green Jwin Polaroid Pep25grn Pebble Earbud Headphones W/ Free Shipping

Green Jwin Polaroid Pep25grn Pebble Earbud Headphones W/ Free Shipping

Home About Us Shipping Payment Return Warranty View Listings Contact Our Categories shop pages Visit Our Store Add to Favorite Seller Sign up for News...

Jwin JHE45SBK High Quality Headphone with Ear-Clip, Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

Feature: water-resistant Product Information: High Quality Headphone, Ear-Clip, Black
Orange Jwin Polaroid Pep25org Pebble Earbud Headphones W/ Free Shipping

Orange Jwin Polaroid Pep25org Pebble Earbud Headphones W/ Free Shipping

Features: water-resistant Short Description: High Quality Headphone, Ear-Clip, Black